SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Scheme 2018-19
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Scheme 2018-19 run by the Government of India is seeking a number of young scientists with an excellent track record who will be provided with special assistance and support to enable them to pursue research in frontier areas of science and technology. They will be allowed to pursue unfettered research with freedom and flexibility in terms of expenditure as approved in the research plan. The duration of the fellowship along with the project will be for a period of five years. Selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend of INR 25,000.
SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Scheme 2018-19 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be an Indian national having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization
- Be a scientist between 30 and 40 years of age
- Possess a PhD in Science/Engineering/Medicine and should not be drawing fellowship from any other Scheme of GOI
- Be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/or patents, peer recognition from the scientific community, awards etc. in his/her area of research
Note: The organization should also undertake financial and other management responsibilities of the project throughout the five-year term in case fellowship is awarded to the scientist.
- The support will cover all the requirements for performing the research and will include a fellowship of INR 25,000 per month for 5 years.
- In addition to the fellowship, grants for types of equipment, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements will be covered based on merit.
- Endorsement from the Head of Institution (To be given on Institute letter head)
- Certificate from Applicant (PI)
- Conflict of Interest format from Applicant (PI)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the "DST e-PMS portal" and create a "PI account" and login to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Provide information on personal details, education details etc.
Step 4: Provide information on the proposed project, budget etc.
Step 5: Complete the form and submit on the portal.
The selection procedure will include consideration at the following stages:
- The department constitutes a subject committee which screens applications received and calls the screened-in applicants for presentation.
- The candidates shortlisted after the presentation by the subject committees will make a presentation to the National Core Committee of Experts.
- An empowered committee of secretaries will make the final selection based on the recommendation of the National Core Committee.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection.
- The project should contain innovative research idea and it should have the potential of making an impact on R&D in the discipline.
- e-PMS portal facilitates the Scientists and Researchers of the country to submit their project proposals for various Schemes of the Department of Science and Technology.
- If any Principal Investigator is found to have furnished incorrect or misleading information at any stage, the Project Proposal shall be rejected.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more