Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation, under the Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department, Government of West Bengal invites applications for Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2019 from minority students of class 11 to postgraduate level. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the meritorious yet economically backward minority students who are continuing their higher studies. Selected candidates will receive a scholarship ranging from INR 12,000 per annum to INR 60,000 per annum.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a domicile of West Bengal
- Be studying in class 11 to postgraduate level at an institution located in West Bengal.
- Belong to the minority community
- Have passed his/her current examination in the year 2019
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 Lakhs
- Have obtained at least 75% marks in aggregate (excluding optional subject) in Madhyamik Pariksha (For students studying in Higher Secondary level)
- Have obtained at least 75% marks in aggregate (excluding optional subject) in the qualifying examination (for students studying in Diploma level courses)
- Have obtained at least 75% marks in the higher secondary examination of WB Council of H.S Education or Madrasah Shiksha Parishad (for students studying at Undergraduate level)
- Have obtained at least 53% marks in honours subject at graduation level (for students studying at Postgraduate level)
- Have obtained at least 55% marks in Engineering (for students pursuing Masters in Engineering)
The scholarship amount ranges from INR 12,000 per annum to INR 60,000 per annum.
- Mark Sheet of the last academic examination
- Family income certificate
- The first page of bank passbook
- Institute verification form duly authenticated by the Head of the Institution (HOI) in the prescribed format.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Go to the official website.
Step 2: Click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Select the District where the applicant's institute is situated and click on 'Proceed'.
Step 4: Fill in the required details under 'Student Information' and 'Scheme Eligibility' sections.
Step 5: Click on 'Submit and Proceed'.
Step 6: Note down the User ID as displayed on the screen.
Step 7: Login using the registered user id and password.
Step 8: Fill all the required information under 'Basic Information', 'Academic Information', 'Bank Account Details' section.
Step 9: Verify and lock the application.
Step 10: Print & submit the hard copy of the application form along with the required documents to the concerned institute.
Application deadline: 15th November 2019
The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic merit and financial need.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be awarded only upon the successful verification of information and relevant documents.
- Students continuing their studies in institutes outside West Bengal are not eligible for this scholarship.
- For students pursuing UG courses, a separate merit list will be prepared for Arts, Commerce and Science stream.
- The scholarship amount will be directly transferred to the students' account.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by AVULA bhagya sri Bhagya sri on 04-Oct-2020
ARPITA PAUL on 24-Nov-2020
??????? ????? ??????????? ?? ????? ????? ???? ???? ?
AVULA bhagya sri Bhagya sri on 04-Oct-2020
Asked by Arijit Roy on 19-Sep-2020
ATUL DAKLE on 20-Feb-2021
i have 78.20% in 10th can i abale for this scolarship
Dimple Thapa on 21-Sep-2020
Yes, general caste students can also apply.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more