Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships 2018-19
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships 2018-19 invites applications from students pursuing Engineering, MBBS, IT, Pharmacy and Architecture courses in Government or private institutes in India. The key objective of the scholarship is to inspire and transform the lives of academically brilliant and economically backward students.
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships 2018-19 DeadlineClosed
EligibilityAn applicant must -
Note: The students who are getting reimbursement of tuition fees/fee waiver can apply for the scholarship.
- Be pursuing an MBBS, Engineering, IT, Pharmacy and Architecture course from a government or private institution in India by passing a competitive examination conducted by Central/State Board
- Have gross annual family income less than INR 6 Lac from all sources
- Have secured 85% marks in class 12
- Have obtained minimum 25,000 rank in JEE (Main) or minimum 10,000 rank in JEE (Advanced)
- Have obtained a Grade Point Average of at least 7.5 in 10 points scale system (for students in their second or third year of graduation program)
- Not be in receipt or intent to receive any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source.
BenefitsA total of 200 scholarships are being offered to students under the following categories:
Note: 30% of the total scholarships are reserved for women candidates.
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Scholarships - INR 50,000 per annum
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Scholarships - INR 25,000 per annum
- Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Scholarships - INR 20,000 per annum
- Smt. Lilawanti Himatlal Desai Scholarships - INR 20,000
- Smt. Indira Jayendrakumar Shah - INR 20,000
- Smt. Shanti Devi Scholarships - INR 17,500 per annum
- Sh. Ram Ji Lal Scholarships - INR 15,000 per annum
- Income certificate
- Copy of class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Copy of rank card of entrance examination
- Copy of fee receipt submitted by the student or Admission Letter (for students who are taking admission this year)
- Two recent passport size photograph, taken in last 6 months
- Copy of ration card or ID proofs of parents
- Certificate of family income/BPL certificate/ITR/Certificate from local panchayat office for proof of annual family income
- Aadhaar ID or address proof
How can you apply?Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship online through following steps:Step 1: Click here to register.Step 2: Fill in all required details.Step 3: Upload all supporting documents with the file size not exceeding 20 MB.Step 4: Finally submit the application form.Note: If applying online, the applicants are not required to send any hard copy of the application and documents to the foundation at the initial stage.Offline ApplicationIn case of poor or no internet connectivity, the students can apply offline through following steps:Step 1: Download the application form and get its print.Step 2: Fill in all required details.Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.Step 4: Send duly filled application form along with supporting documents by post to-Scholarship OfficerSwami Dayanand Charitable Education FoundationK-33 (GF), Kalkaji, New Delhi-110019
- The scholars will be selected on the basis of their merit and family background such as the percentage of marks obtained in the course and annual income of the family.
- The preference will be given to students with lowest family income in the ascending order.
- The selection process involves two key stages -
- Stage 1: Registration for Scholarship
- Stage 2: Submission of required documents of shortlisted candidates
Terms and Conditions
- The shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email or at the address mentioned in the form.
- Once the intimation is received, the shortlisted candidates are required to submit the detailed application along with the copies of required certificates.
- The shortlisted candidates also have to submit an essay in 500 words on "About Challenges You Have Faced in Life and How You Have Responded to Them".
- The essay should be written either in Hindi or in their mother tongue.
- The scholarship amount will be paid in two instalments.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more