SOF National Science Olympiad (NSO) 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 21-04-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
SOF National Science Olympiad (NSO) 2023-24 is an initiative of the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)* for students of Class 1 to 12. The Olympiad is being organized to give students a platform to showcase their talent and knowledge of science at the national level. The selected students stand a chance to receive up to INR 50,000 and other benefits.
*SOF is an educational organization that was established with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, Social Studies, General Knowledge and professional courses.
SOF National Science Olympiad (NSO) 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be studying in Class 1 to 12
The selected candidates will receive awards in the following ways -
International level awards -
- A total of 12 first-rank holders will receive INR 50,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance.
- A total of 12-second rank holders will receive INR 25,000 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance.
- A total of 12 third-rank holders will receive INR 10,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance.
Zonal Level Awards -
- A total of 312 first-rank holders will receive INR 5,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- A total of 312-second rank holders will receive INR 2,500 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- A total of 312 third-rank holders win get INR 1,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- A total of 2184 awards comprising gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal of distinction, certificate of distinction, and certificate of zonal excellence will be given to students who will rank from 4th to 10th.
- A total of 4680 awards comprising a certificate of distinction, a medal of distinction, and a certificate of zonal excellence will be given to students who will rank from 11th to 25th.
- All the participants ranking above 26 plus will receive merit certificates.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the olympiad by using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: The students are requested to contact the school to apply for the opportunity.
Note - The prospectus containing the registration forms will be sent to all schools registered with SOF. The schools that have not registered can also request for prospectus by sending an email at - firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling - 0124-4951200. The schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date at the below-mentioned address -
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
Sector - 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
Pin Code - 122003
For EXAM DATE ONE – 17th October 2023
Application Deadline - 2nd October 2023
For EXAM DATE TWO – 21st November 2023
Application Deadline- 6th October 2023
For EXAM DATE THREE – 5th December 2023
Application Deadline - 21st November 2023
The winners will be selected on the basis of marks and performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- There will be separate question papers for each class.
- No fee is required from the institution to become a registered examination centre.
- A minimum of 10 students needs to be registered from each school for SOF NSO.
- The Olympiad will be conducted during school hours.
- Individual registrations by students are not accepted.
- The Olympiad will be based on CBSE, ICSE/ISC, and the State Board syllabus.
- SOF will register the applicant school and the students as per the Students' Registration Sheet (SRS) received from the School.
- The medium of the test will be English.
- Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal will have to pay SOF a registration fee of INR 125 (including GST) (US$9 for other countries) per student/Olympiad towards the cost of the examination.
- The schools may charge an additional INR 25 (US$1 for other countries) per student towards the honorarium of charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses.
- No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Nikhil on 30-Jun-2022
s akhil on 06-Jul-2022
Please specify the name of the scholarship so that we can assist you better.
Asked by Felin Sebastian on 03-Dec-2021
s akhil on 13-Jan-2022
Yes, the National Science Olympiad conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation is MCQ based test wherein the students from Class 1 to 4 are required to attempt 35 questions and students from Class 5 to 12 are required to attempt 50 questions.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more