SOF International Social Studies Olympiad (ISSO) 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-04-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
SOF International Social Studies Olympiad (ISSO) 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)* for the students of Classes 3 to 10. ISSO is a Single level exam and will be conducted for classes 3 to 10. The selected students stand a chance to receive up to INR 50,000 and other benefits.
*SOF is an educational organization that was established with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, Social Studies, General Knowledge and professional courses.
Source: Science Olympiad Foundation
SOF International Social Studies Olympiad (ISSO) 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a student of Class 3 to 10
International, Zonal & Class topper awards will be provided to SOF ISSO winners. The award comprises participation certification for each student.
International level awards -
- A total of 8 awards of INR 50,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to first-rank holders.
- A total of 8 awards of INR 25,000 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to second-rank holders.
- A total of 8 awards of INR 10,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to third-rank holders.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same international rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 11 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each and a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
Zonal level awards -
- A total of 208 awards of INR 5,000 each, a zonal gold medal and certificate of zonal excellence to first-rank holders.
- A total of 208 awards of INR 2,500 each, a zonal silver medal and certificate of zonal excellence to second-rank holders.
- A total of 208 awards of INR 1,000 each, a zonal bronze medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence to third-rank holders.
- A total of 1,456 awards of gifts worth INR 500 each, a medal and a certificate of distinction, to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 3,120 awards of a medal and a certificate of distinction to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders at 26th position and above will receive a participation certificate and student performance report.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same zonal rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 5 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 6 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- For single-level exams and 2-level exams, a medal of distinction and certificate of distinction is awarded for 1st-level performance. Zonal medals and certificates of zonal excellence will be awarded to the 2nd-level performance.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the listed below steps -
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: The students are required to contact the school authority to apply for the opportunity.
Note - The prospectus containing the registration forms will be sent to all schools registered with SOF. The schools that have not registered can also request for prospectus by sending an email to - firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling - 0124-4951200. The schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date at the below-mentioned address -
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
Sector - 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
Pin Code - 122003
For EXAM DATE ONE – 12th December 2023
Application Deadline- 12th November 2023
For EXAM DATE TWO – 18th January 2024
Application Deadline- 18th h December 2023
The selection will be based on the performance of the students in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- The question paper for Class 1 to 4 students comprises 35 objective-type questions to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The question paper for Class 5 to 10 students comprises 50 objective-type questions to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabi are followed for setting the test papers for the examinations.
- Results of Olympiads are declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results are sent to the school concerned.
- The results will be made available on the website of SOF.
- Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay SOF a registration fee of INR 125 (including GST) (US$ 9 for other countries) per student/Olympiad towards the cost of the examination.
- Schools may charge an additional INR 25 (US$ 1 for other countries) per student towards the honorarium of charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses.
- No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- Each school can select a date for conducting the Olympiad at its own convenience.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more