SOF International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Science Olympiad Foundation invites applications for SOF International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2021-22 from students of Class 1 to 12. It is a two-level examination conducted every year in which the students are judged at the school level, zonal level, and international level.
SOF International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2021-22 Deadline23-Nov-2021
For Level 1
To appear for level 1 examination -
- An applicant must be a student from Class 1 to 12
For Level 2
To appear for level 2 examination -
- An applicant must be a student from Class 3 to 12
- He/she must be among the top 5% of students class-wise in the first level exam. (Note: Due priority will be given to marks scored in different sections)
- He/she must be among the top 25 rank holders from each class at the zonal level
- He/she must be a class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam and score 50% qualifying marks
The Olympiad Topper Awards at the International and Zonal level will be given to winners of the 2nd level. For students of Classes 1 and 2, the international and zonal level awards will be provided to 1st level winners. The award comprises -
At International Level
- A total of 12 awards of INR 50,000 each, gold medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to first rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 25,000 each, silver medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to second rank holders.
- A total of 12 awards of INR 10,000 each, bronze medal, and certificate of outstanding performance to third rank holders.
At Zonal Level
- A total of 312 awards of INR 5,000 each, gold medal and certificate of zonal excellence to first rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 2,500 each, silver medal and certificate of zonal excellence to second rank holders.
- A total of 312 awards of INR 1,000 each, bronze medal, and certificate of zonal excellence to third rank holders.
- A total of 2184 awards of gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal of distinction, certificate of distinction, and certificate of zonal excellence to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 4680 awards of a certificate of zonal excellence, a medal of distinction, and a certificate of distinction to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders from 26th and above rank will receive a merit certificate.
- A total of 7800 awards of medal of distinction and certificate of distinction will be given to the top 25 rank holders of level one at the zonal level.
- All rank holders at 26th and above rank will receive a participation certificate at level 1.
To know more information, visit the website.
Documents How can you apply?
Students need to apply through their schools as individual registrations are not accepted.
Step 1: All eligible students can apply for the Olympiad through their respective schools.
Step 2: Schools can request the prospectus containing registration form either:
- By sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- By making a phone call on 0124-4951200
Step 3: Schools must return the registration forms to SOF before the due date.
- DATE ONE – 23rd November 2021
- DATE TWO – 9th December 2021
- DATE THREE – 16th December 2021
The selection will be based on the student's performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- For Class 1 to 4, the test comprises 35 objective-type questions and for Class 5 to 12, the test comprises 50 questions with a time duration of 60 min (Level 1).
- The question paper consists of four sections namely Logical Reasoning, Mathematical Reasoning, Everyday Mathematics, and Achievers Section.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- A minimum of 10 students should be registered from each school.
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- The results of the Olympiad will be declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results will be made available on the website as well as at concerned schools.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
To know more information, kindly visit the website.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Mayuresh chaudhari on 14-Mar-2021
Dimple Thapa on 15-Mar-2021
Kindly update the scholarship name for better assistance.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more