SOF-International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO) 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 27-04-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
SOF-International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO) 2023-24 is an initiative by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)* for students of Class 1 to 10. It is a single-level exam that will be judged at four different levels - school level, city level, zonal level, and international level. The selected students stand a chance to receive up to INR 50,000, medals, and certificates.
*SOF is an educational organization that was established with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, Social Studies, General Knowledge and professional courses.
SOF-International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO) 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be studying in Class 1 to 10
International, Zonal & Class topper awards will be provided to SOF IGKO winners. Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam.
The award comprises participation certification for each student.
International level awards -
- A total of 10 awards of INR 50,000 each, a gold medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to first-rank holders.
- A total of 10 awards of INR 25,000 each, a silver medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to second-rank holders.
- A total of 10 awards of INR 10,000 each, a bronze medal, and a certificate of outstanding performance to third-rank holders.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same international rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 10 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 11 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each and a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
Zonal level awards -
- A total of 260 awards of INR 5,000 each, a zonal gold medal and certificate of zonal excellence to first-rank holders.
- A total of 260 awards of INR 2,500 each, a zonal silver medal and certificate of zonal excellence to second-rank holders.
- A total of 260 awards of INR 1,000 each, a zonal bronze medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence to third-rank holders.
- A total of 1,820 awards of gifts worth INR 500 each, a medal and a certificate of distinction, to 4th to 10th rank holders.
- A total of 3,900 awards of a medal and a certificate of distinction to 11th to 25th rank holders.
- All rank holders at 26th position and above will receive a participation certificate and student performance report.
Note - In case two or more students achieve the same zonal rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
- For up to 5 students getting the same rank, the award amount will be distributed equally. Each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- In case 6 or more students get the same rank, regarding the cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth INR 1,000 each, a medal (in the applicable category) and a certificate.
- For single-level exams and 2-level exams, a medal of distinction and certificate of distinction is awarded for 1st-level performance. Zonal medals and certificates of zonal excellence will be awarded to the 2nd-level performance.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the listed below steps -
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: The students are required to contact the school authority to apply for the opportunity.
Note - The prospectus containing the registration forms will be sent to all schools registered with SOF. The schools that have not registered can also request for prospectus by sending an email to - email@example.com or by calling - 0124-4951200. The schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled in and complete in all respects by the due date at the below-mentioned address -
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
1st Floor, Plot no. 99,
Sector - 44, Gurugram (Haryana) India
Pin Code - 122003
Application Deadline -
For EXAM DATE ONE – 21st September 2023
Application Deadline - 21st August 2023
For EXAM DATE TWO – 10th October 2023
Application Deadline- 10th September 2023
The winners will be selected on the basis of marks and performance in the Olympiad.
Terms and Conditions
- The question paper for Class 1 to 4 students comprises 35 objective-type questions to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The question paper for Class 5 to 10 students comprises 50 objective-type questions to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The question paper consists of four sections namely General Awareness, Current Affairs, Life Skills, and Achievers Section.
- The examination will be conducted in the English language only.
- CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabi are followed for setting the test papers for the examinations.
- Results of Olympiads are declared within 8 weeks of the examination. The results are sent to the school concerned.
- The results will be made available on the website of SOF.
- Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal pay SOF a registration fee of INR 125 (including GST) (US$ 9 for other countries) per student/Olympiad towards the cost of the examination
- Schools may charge an additional INR 25 (US$ 1 for other countries) per student towards the honorarium of charge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and other expenses
- No fee is payable for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations
- The examination will be conducted during school hours.
- Each school can select a date for conducting the Olympiad at its own convenience.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by Adibah Khan on 23-Jun-2022
s akhil on 06-Jul-2022
Please specify the name of the olympiad opportunity so that we can assist you better.
Asked by Shraddha Gupta on 10-Aug-2021
Dimple Thapa on 11-Aug-2021
Once you have registered for the exam, you will receive the exam details on your registered mobile number and email.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more