Smart Fellowships, ICGEB 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 23-01-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Smart Fellowships, ICGEB 2023 is an initiative of the International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) for Ph.D./ M.Sc. degree holders. This programme promotes the Scientific Mobility for Advanced Research Training for researchers between the ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies and increasing cooperation in science and technology. It also shows clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories. The selected fellows will receive a stipend ranging from US$ 800 to 1,500 per month.
Smart Fellowships, ICGEB 2023
To be eligible, the applicant must -
- be a national of ICGEB Member States
- be either registered for a PhD or have obtained their PhD degree within the last 5 years
- be actively working in a research institution
Note - Young scientists holding an M.Sc. degree or equivalent can apply.
The fellowship covers international economy return travel, health insurance plus subsistence of the fellow only. The stipend ranges from US$ 800 to 1,500 per month according to local conditions in the receiving country and the seniority of the applicant.
Additionally, a US$ 500 monthly bench fee can be paid directly to the receiving laboratory based on the recommendation of the ICGEB Fellowships Committee.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the Head of the Receiving Laboratory (complete with a list of publications)
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card) [Note - Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least]
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Apply' button and sign up with valid credentials. (Note - If the applicant doesn't have an account, please fill in the required details to 'Create an Account'.)
Step 4: Fill in the registration form and complete the process step-by-step.
Step 5: Upload the relevant documents and submit.
Application Deadline - 31st March 2023
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
The main criteria for selection include the scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the impact on their career, the potential benefit for the home and the host country, competence, skills and equipment available in the receiving laboratory.
Terms and Conditions
- There is no age limit to apply for the fellowship.
- The duration of the award is 3 and 9 months.
- Awards are not intended to prolong visits begun under other auspices.
- The fellowship is not directed to support participation in courses, workshops or symposia or as bridging fellowships between, or prior to, long-term stays funded by ICGEB or other organizations.
- The receiving laboratory is expected to ensure that adequate provisions are in place for specific research projects.
- Upon joining the receiving laboratory, ICGEB will transfer the bench fee allocation to the receiving laboratory, which will be responsible for the management of the funds and the certification of expenditures to ICGEB.
- The receiving laboratory is expected to ensure that adequate provisions are in place for the specific research project and to make the bench fee allocation available to the ICGEB SMART Fellow immediately, free from any administrative overhead costs.
Note - For detailed information, kindly refer to the 'Fellowship Details Document'.
Fellowships UnitInternational Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi, Delhi - 110067
Phone Number - 011 2674 1358
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more