Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Sir Ratan Tata Trust in partnership with London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) invites applications for Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2020 from early-career researchers for a six-month fellowship programme at LSE India Observatory. The fellows are expected to engage in social science research broadly on Economic and Social Development in India and South Asia. The fellows will receive a monthly allowance of up to GBP 1,750 per month and other benefits.
Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be an early career researcher working on social science with a focus on South Asia
- Be permanently employed with established institutions in the SAARC region including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Maldives, and Sri Lanka
- Have been awarded a PhD degree
Note: Fellowship is not intended for students registered for a degree or diploma, nor is it intended for senior academics.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- A monthly subsistence allowance of up to GBP 1,750 per month
- Shared workspace and access to research facilities at the school
- Assistance will also be provided towards the cost of travel and related expenses
- Cover letter of no more than one page
- A CV of no more than three pages
- An outline of the proposed research (including a detailed methodology and timeline) of no more than three pages
- Names and addresses of two referees
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Applications should include a CV, cover letter, research proposal and letters of recommendation.
Step 3: Applications should be addressed to the below address:
The Fellowships Selection Committee, India Observatory,
London School of Economics & Political Science,
Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK
and submitted by email as a Word or PDF document to India.Observatory@lse.ac.uk.
Application deadline: 27th April 2020
The successful candidate will be informed of the decision by the end of July 2020
Selection will be based on the eligiblity criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- No additional grant is available for fieldwork or any other costs.
- Applicants should be residing and employed with established institutions in the SAARC region which includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The fellows are expected to finish a research paper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a seminar arranged by the India Observatory.
- The selected candidates should have secured all data and any material required for the research prior to their visit to LSE.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- A particular focus in the programme will be on any of the following themes, such that it is integrated with the ongoing research of the India Observatory:
- Sustainable growth and inclusion
- Climate change and environmental sustainability
- Social and human security
- Governance and democracy
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more