Sightsavers India Fellowship Program 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Sightsavers India invites applications for Sightsavers India Fellowship Program 2020 from young ophthalmologists. The aim of this fellowship program is to give an opportunity to young ophthalmologists to master the craft as a clinician and a surgeon. Selected candidates will be able to get enrolled to 24 months fellowship program and they will also receive an attractive appreciative stipend through the fellowship period.
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a young and promising ophthalmologist in India
- Be a post-graduate or a diploma holder in ophthalmology (MS/DNB/DO) from any recognized institute/university in India (2020 pass outs are eligible to apply)
- Have sound knowledge of clinical ophthalmology
- Attractive appreciative stipend through the fellowship period.
- Four months of hands-on surgical and clinical training at leading eye health institutions
- An attractive pay and residential facility
- International exposure
- Onsite and remote one-on-one surgical and clinical mentorship
- Life-skills guidance
- Cover letter
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the link.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Upload the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 15th July 2020
Fellowship begins from October 2020
Selection will be based on the assessment of submitted documents and interview performance. The selection process involves -
- Application form submission
- 1st round of shortlisting
- Campus interviews/Skype calls
- 2nd round of shortlisting
- Referee calls
- Call for the final round of interview (panel interview at Delhi)
Terms and Conditions
- Every stage of the fellowship program will optimize learning that will help the fellows transform into all-rounder seasoned professionals
- The selected fellows will be placed in one of the 7 states – Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Odisha
- Over a period of 24 months, the fellows will experience a structured skill enhancement and mentoring process covering not only clinical and surgical ophthalmology but also managerial and holistic life skills
- The fellowship will begin from June 2020
- Fellows will be intimated via e-mail by May 2020
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more