Short-term PhD Fellowships, ICGEB 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
ICGEB is offering short term Ph.D. fellowships to students who are nationals of ICGEB member states and have completed BSc(honors)/MSc degree to pursue Ph.D.research at ICGEB labs (the other two member states are Trieste, Italy and Cape Town, South Africa). The aim of this program is to facilitate access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen the capacity building. The selected fellows can avail of a monthly stipend of up to USD 1,020 along with other benefits.
Short-term PhD Fellowships, ICGEB 2021 Deadline30-Sep-2021
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a national of an ICGEB Member State.
- Hold a BSc (Honours) degree to pursue research at ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town. OR, Hold an MSc degree to pursue research at ICGEB Campus, New Delhi.
- Have proficient knowledge of the English language (TOEFL certification required).
Note: Applicants may not apply for the fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless they have worked abroad at the time of application.
- The monthly stipend for selected fellows at the following ICGEB labs: Trieste (Italy): EUR 1,300, New Delhi (India): USD 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel expenses
- Medical health insurance coverage
- Visa and other renewal costs
- Accommodation support
- Applicant's updated CV
- Proposed research of maximum 3 pages along with 2 pages of references and figures
- A written statement from ICGEB Group Leader/PI
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL/Cambridge etc.)
- Photocopy of applicant's passport
- Academic certificates
- Reference letters (2)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read the guidelines before applying.
Step 2: Provide information on name, address, nationality, research group etc
Step 3: Upload the required documents and submit the application.
Note: Applicants need to contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
There are two closing dates for this application: 31st March 2021 and 30th September 2021
The main criteria for selection include the scientific excellence of the project, the candidate’s CV and the potential benefits for the home country.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more