SHDF Scholarships 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
SHDF Scholarships 2019 is being offered to students who wish to pursue professional courses. Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) is an organization run by NRIs based in Washington, USA and they offer scholarships every year to marginalized but brilliant students. The associate partner of SDHF, Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi (Nishkam) is responsible for imparting, organising and promoting the scholarships and workshops in India. The selected candidates shall receive a scholarship worth up to INR 30,000.
SHDF Scholarships 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be pursuing a professional course in recognized Institute
- Must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous two examinations
- Have a gross family income not exceeding an average of INR 15,000 per month (i.e. INR 1,80,000 per year)
Note: The term professional course includes (but is not limited to) Engineering, Architecture, Information Tchnology, Computer Science, Medical, Nursing, Pharmacology, Home Science, Education, Business management,
Agriculture and Animal husbandry.
The selected candidate will receive a scholarship worth up to INR 30,000.
- Mark sheets of previous exams
- Proof of family income (latest)
- Fee receipts for paid tuition fee & dues
- Report from college authorities as per proforma enclosed in the application form
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the application and fill the form with all the required details.
Step 2: Attach passport size photograph, get attested affidavits filled and required documents along with the application.
Step 3: Duly filled-in Scholarship Application Form with all enclosures should be sent via speed/registered post or courier marking “SHDF Scholarships- 2019” on the top of the envelope. The application must reach Nishkam Office at the address given below:
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.)
SHDF Division, Nishkam Bhawan,
B-Block, Tilak Vihar,
New Delhi –110018
Deadline for application: 27th July, 2019 (1700 Hrs.)
Terms and Conditions
- Application forms received after the due date will not be considered.
- No column should be left blank in the application form.
- Report from college authorities (2-pages) should be signed by the Head of the College with Date and College stamp.
- Roll No. will be assigned by Nishkam to each shortlisted applicant which is always to be used along with the candidate's contact number while communicating with Nishkam.
- Candidates will be required to appear in Written Test in General knowledge and Punjabi language for which the book, “Naitik Sikhya” published by Literature Publication Department, Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana can be used.
- Each candidate is required to score a minimum of 50% marks in the paper.
- If the applicant has received financial assistance (either on account of SC/ST/OBC during the previous year), then complete information must be provided in the application form.
- Only the students belonging to a needy family should apply.
- The candidate must mention a mobile and alternative telephone number for easy communication.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more