SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology under the Government of India invites applications for the SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021 from PhD degree holders with work experience. The aim of the scheme is to assist the researchers of the country to initiate their research career in a new institution. It is a 2-year grant meant to enable these researchers working in frontier areas of engineering and science to establish themselves and move on to the mainstream core research grant (CRG). The researchers selected for the SRG scheme will receive a grant of INR 30 lakh plus overheads for a period of 2 years.
SERB Start-up Research Grant 2021 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
- Applicants should be Indian citizens.
- They should hold a PhD degree in Science or Engineering or MS/MDS/MD/MVSc degree
- They must hold a regular academic/research position in any recognized academic institution or a national laboratory or any other recognized R&D institution.
- The applicant is eligible to apply within 2 years of joining the institution.
- They should not be over 42 years of age (Note: A relaxation of 3 years for SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged and female candidates is applicable)
- INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows, Faculties recruited through UGC Faculty Recharge Program are not eligible under SRG.
The selected scholars will receive a research grant of INR 30 lakh plus overheads for a duration of 2 years.
Note: The research grant will cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency apart from the overheads. There is a standard ceiling amount for travel, contingency and overheads. An applicant has the flexibility to propose budget under various heads as per requirement.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A certificate from the principal investigator
- An endorsement letter from the Head of Institution
- Age Proof Certificate (Class X mark sheet or Birth certificate)
- Category Certificate (in case of age relaxation)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4: Submit the application
Application start date: 01st February 2021
Application deadline: 01st March 2021
An expert committee will be appointed constituting the board. Students will be recommended by the committee after careful evaluation of their application.
Terms and Conditions
- A maximum of 500 grants will be awarded per year across all subject areas.
- The SRG would be a one-time career grant.
- The projects sanctioned under the SRG scheme cannot be transferred to any other person/s.
- Change of institute will not be considered.
- The following details have to be mentioned at the time of proposal submission:
- Project Title (max 500 characters)
- Project summary (max 3000 characters)
- Keywords (max 6)
- Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters)
- Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters),
- Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads)
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more