SERB Science and Technology Award for Research, 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India invites applications for SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) 2020 from researchers. This fellowship aims to recognize and reward outstanding performance of Principal Investigators (PIs) of SERB projects. Selected scholars as SERB-STAR will get a fellowship of INR 15,000/- per month, research grant of INR 10 lakh per annum and INR 1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years.
SERB Science and Technology Award for Research, 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have completed individual-centric SERB project in previous three financial years with "Excellent" grading
- Be PI of such projects (Co-PIs are not eligible)
- Hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratories or any other recognized R&D institutions
- Be within 40 to 50 years as on December 31 of the year in which the call is made
The selected fellows will get the following awards:
- A fellowship of INR 15,000/- per month
- Research grant of INR 10 lakh per annum
- INR 1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years
- Project completion report (PCR)
- List of publications resulting from the completed project (if any)
- Reprints of publications (if applicable)
- Details of patents from the completed project (if any)
- Patent documents (if applicable)
- Documents related to technology transfer (if any)
- List of complete publications, patents and any other significant contribution
- Certificate from PI Download Template
- Endorsement certificate Download Template
- Technical Document Download Template
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Register in SERB online portal.
Step 2: Make log-in and fill all the required details.
Step 3: Under 'Form Submission', choose Scheme: STAR, and fill the STAR nomination form.
Step 4: After filling the details, send STAR nomination form to Nominator.
Step 5: Nominator would receive intimation via email with a link to SERB online portal, to view the filled-in STAR Nomination form.
Step 6: Nominator has to submit the nomination to SERB.
Step 7: Once submitted, PI and Nominator will receive an intimation regarding the successful submission.
Application deadline: 20th December 2019
The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top-up weight.
Terms and Conditions
- PIs who have an ongoing fellowship/honorarium such as JC Bose Fellowship, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, Swarnajayanti Fellowship, etc. are not eligible for this fellowship.
- Candidates who are nominated for SERB STAR but are unsuccessful can be re-nominated for consideration in the following year subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
- A nomination shall be made by the Head of the Institution of the nominee.
- At Stage 1 - Preliminary Scrutiny, verification of eligibility criteria including "Excellent" grading will be carried out by SERB. Only those nominations found eligible would be considered for Stage 2 - Award Selection Process.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more