SERB Research Scientists Scheme 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites nominations for the SERB Research Scientists Scheme 2020 from INSPIRE Faculty and Ramanujan Fellows. This scheme offer opportunities for young scientists to initiate and sustain research careers in various fields of science and engineering. These schemes do not offer an extension of the fellowship after completion of five years. The selected candidates will be entitled to receive a consolidated emolument of INR 1,20,000 per month and other benefits.
SERB Research Scientists Scheme 2020
DeadlineAlways Open Eligibility
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an INSPIRE faculty or Ramanujan fellow
- Not be more than 40 years of age at the time of submission of application
- Have completed or nearing completion of the tenure of INSPIRE Faculty of DST or Ramanujan Fellowship of SERB (Note: The application shall be submitted within six months before or after completion of regular tenure of the schemes)
Note: The scheme can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
The selected candidates will be entitled to receive the grants as given below:
Sl. No. Budget Head Amount 1. Emolument *Consolidated amount of INR 1,20,000 per month 2. Research Grant INR 7,00,000 per annum 3. Overheads INR 1,00,000 per annum
Documents required should be in prescribed format:
- Bio-data of the applicant
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Award Letter (INSPIRE Faculty / Ramanujan Fellow)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the Host Institute
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully.
Step 3: Download the prescribed format of the nomination form from Annexure-I.
Step 4: Fill in all the required details and attach the supporting documents.
Step 5: Submit three copies of the completed nomination form along with required documents to -
Dr. S.V. PRASANNA
Member Secretary SRS
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Also, mail a softcopy of the complete proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The envelope/mail containing the application should be super-scribed with “SERB Research Scientist (Specify the area*)”
The application for SRS will be opened throughout the year for INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellows.
The application will be evaluated by a Selection Committee constituted for the purpose. The Committee may consider the performance evaluation by the relevant subject expert committee during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellowship Scheme. If required, the applicants may be called for a personal interview.
Terms and Conditions
- SERB reserves the right to terminate the SRS award at any stage if it is convinced that appropriate progress is not being made upon review of the program or the grant has not been utilized properly.
- The transition to SRS may be done based on performance evaluation during the tenure of INSPIRE Faculty/Ramanujan Fellowships.
- Once an application is considered and found unsuitable under the SRS scheme, application for the second time will not be entertained.
- The SRSs are not eligible to receive any other research project/fellowship from any Government or Non-Governmental source during the tenure of the Scheme.
- The SRSs will not be allowed to work at the same Department/institution where the candidates have earned their PhD/M.S/M.D degree.
- Research grant can be used for minor equipment, consumables, contingencies and travel (within India).
- There is no provision for providing manpower support under this scheme. The Research Scientist is expected to undertake the research objectives by himself/herself during the entire duration of the SRS Scheme.
- The specific areas of research can be Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences.
Click here to know more.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more