SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites nominations for the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2020 from scientists and engineers below 40 years of age. This fellowship is designed for outstanding engineers and scientists across the world who want to take up scientific research positions in India and especially, for those engineers or scientists who want to return to India. Funding is provided up to a maximum of INR 7 lakh per annum.
SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a brilliant scientist or engineer from abroad who are below the age of 40 years
- Possess a higher degree or equivalent, such as PhD in Science/Engineering, Masters in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc. and have adequate professional experience
- Have a proven/outstanding track-record as evident from their research publications and recognition's would be eligible
- Be working abroad at the time of nomination
Note: In case the selected fellow gets any position such as permanent, tenure track or contractual position, he/she will become ineligible for receiving fellowship including research grant and overhead under the fellowship and has to relinquish the Ramanujan fellowship in total. The fellowship is only for those scientists who are not holding any permanent/tenure track/contractual position in any Indian Institute/University.
- The amount of the fellowship will be INR 1,35,000 per month (consolidated including HRA)
- Each fellow will also receive a research grant of INR 7 lakh per annum (for consumables, travel,research manpower & contingencies etc.) and INR 60,000 per annum as overhead charges
- The Ramanujan Fellows will be eligible for receiving regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Nomination letter (On letterhead, duly signed and stamped)
- CV of Nominee
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Once registered, log in to complete the application. Fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Details section under User Profile which includes Photo, Institution, Address, etc.
Step 3: Under Form Submission, choose scheme: Ramanujan Fellowship, and fill the Ramanujan Fellowship nomination form which includes details of Nominee Details, Qualification Details and Nominator Details, etc
Step 4: Upload the proposed area of research and a brief outline of the proposal in a single PDF file not more than 5 pages.
Step 5: Send the completed form to the nominator.
Step 6: Nominator can choose to submit the nomination to SERB or resend the form to Nominee for any revision. All nominations are to be sent to:
Dr. Monika Agarwal,
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall, Plot No. A, Community Centre,
Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
Runs throughout the year.
- Selection of Ramanujan Fellows will be made periodically by an empowered Search-cum-Selection Committee specially appointed for the purpose.
- Individual Scientists and Technologists should approach the Institutions of his/her choice for hosting them for the fellowship and forwarding their nominations to SERB for the fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship will be for five years, and can not be extended.
- The scientists can choose to work at any S&T Institution including University Departments or other Academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India, provided the Institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary administrative and R&D basic infrastructural support to facilitate research
- This fellowship is meant for working in new areas and laboratories in order to expand their research capabilities, other than the one, where the candidate has obtained his/her doctorate degree. Nominations from PhD guides of the candidate and nominations from the same institute where they opted their PhD, will not be considered.
- Proposed area of research and a brief outline of the proposal of Nominee should be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 5 pages.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more