SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 23-08-2023 Posted By : Rajnika
SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023 is an opportunity offered by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to Indian scientists and engineers from outside India to take up scientific research positions in India, those Indian scientists/engineers who want to return to India from abroad.
The Ramanujan Fellows can work in any of the scientific institutions and universities in the country and they would be eligible for receiving regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
The selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship of INR 1.35 lakh (consolidated including HRA). In addition, the candidates a research grant of Rs.7.00 lakh per annum (for consumables, travel, research personnel and contingencies etc.) and INR 60,000 per annum as overhead charges.
SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023
DeadlineAlways Open Eligibility
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a scientist and engineer from abroad
- be below the age of 40 years
- hold a higher degree or equivalent, such as Ph.D. degree in Science/Engineering, Master's in Engineering or Technology/MD degree in Medicine, etc.
- have adequate professional experience
- have a proven/outstanding track record as evidenced by their research publications and recognition
- not hold any permanent/tenure track/contractual position in any Indian institute/university
- be working abroad at the time of nomination
The selected candidates will receive the benefits in the following manner:
- A fellowship of INR 1,35,000 per month (consolidated including HRA).
- in addition, a research grant of INR 7 lakh per annum (for consumables, travel, research personnel and contingencies etc.) and INR 60,000 per annum as overhead charges.
- The Ramanujan fellows will also be eligible for receiving regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
Documents required (in PDF) should be in the prescribed format:
- Nomination Letter (on letterhead, duly signed and stamped)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of Nominee
- Plagiarism undertaking
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID)
Step 3: Read the details carefully and navigate to the 'Online Application Procedure'.
Step 4: Click on 'Click here to Register' and fill all the necessary details.
Step 5: After successful registration, fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.
Note - The proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB like other technical documents (OTD).
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Selection of Ramanujan fellows will be made periodically by an empowered Search-cum-Selection committee specially appointed for the purpose.
Terms and Conditions
- Once the application is submitted, Nominee and Nominator will receive an intimation regarding the successful submission.
- Nominator can choose to submit the nomination to SERB or resend the form to Nominee for any revision.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more