SERB - POWER Research Grants 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 14-06-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
SERB - POWER Research Grants 2023 is a research opportunity offered by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) to women researchers. This scheme aims to encourage emerging and eminent women researchers for an individual-centric and competitive mode of research funding to undertake R&D activities in frontier areas of Science and Engineering. The selected fellows will receive grants up to INR 60,00,000 for three years.
SERB - POWER Research Grants 2023
DeadlineAlways Open Eligibility
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen
- hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India
- Applicants from IITs, IISERs, IISc, NITs, Central Universities, and National Labs of Central Government Institutions will be considered under Level I category, whereas applicants from State Universities/Colleges and Private Academic Institutions should apply under Level II category.
- Investigators who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or are already superannuated are also eligible to apply. In such cases, a Woman Faculty/Scientist from the host institute who has at least 5 years of service remaining should be associated as a Co-PI. The host institution should allow the investigator to continue after superannuation and provide the required support for the implementation of the project.
The selected fellows will receive grants under the following two categories -
- Level I: The scale of funding up to 60,00,000 or three years.
- Level II: The scale of funding up to 30,00,000 for three years.
The proposal must include -
- Project Title (max 500 characters)
- Project summary (max 3,000 characters)
- Keywords (max 6)
- Objectives of the project (max 1,500 characters)
- Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1,500 characters)
- Budget (Research Personnel, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overhead)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘How To Apply Online’ section and click on 'click here to register'.
Step 4: Navigate to the ‘Login’ button on the right-hand corner of the page and click on it.
Step 5: Click on the ‘New User’ button. (Note- Registered users can use valid credentials to log in)
Step 6: Fill in all the required details to complete the registration. (Note - A confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email address. Click on the URL provided in the mail to confirm registration)
Step 7: After successful registration, fill all the mandatory fields in the profile details section under 'User Profile' which includes biodata (as per the defined template), photo, institute address, etc. and submit.
Note - The proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB like other technical documents (OTD).
The applicants can apply for the position at any time of the year.
The fellows will be selected based on their performance and fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- Women Scientists cannot hold POWER Fellowship and POWER Grant at the same time.
- If the candidate has CO-PI in the proposal then ensure that all the copies are also registered into the system following the same procedure.
- Faculties recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program are eligible to apply. INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows are also eligible to apply provided they have at least three and half years of tenure remaining at the time of submission of application.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more