SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for the SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2021 from post-doctoral applicants. The fellowship is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them with support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows have the opportunity to get a fellowship of INR 55,000 per month and other benefits.
SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2021 Deadline02-Jun-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Have obtained a PhD/MD/MS degree from a recognized University
- Not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- N-PDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- The mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India. He/she should hold a PhD degree in Science or Engineering.
- Applicants who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly consolidated stipend of INR 55,000
- Monthly consolidated stipend of INR 35,000 (for candidates who have submitted the thesis but the degree has not been awarded)
- Research Grant of INR 2 lakhs per annum
- Overheads of INR 1 lakh per annum
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Category Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute
- Short CV of the mentor (see online portal for its format)
- CV of Mentor
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4: Fill in all the required details and upload the documents as a single PDF file.
Step 5: Submit the application.
Application start date: 03rd May 2021
Application deadline: 02nd June 2021
- The selection of the applicant will be based on the recommendations made by an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the Board.
- If required, the applicants may be called in for a personal interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The research grant can be used by the applicant for minor equipment, consumables, contingencies and domestic travel.
- There is no extra provision for manpower support under this scheme.
- The fellow is expected to undertake the research objectives by himself/herself during the entire duration of the fellowship.
- The fellows are not eligible to receive any other fellowship from any source during the tenure of the fellowship.
- The fellows must seek the consent of the SERB if they intend to be away from the implementing institute (except for field work related to the project) continuously for a period of more than 8 weeks.
- The fellows will not be allowed to work with the PhD guide/co-guide. It is also normally not availed at the same Department/Institution where the candidates have earned their PhD/M.S/M.D degree.
- The fellowship is purely a temporary assignment tenable for a period of 2 years.
- The application form of the candidates along with their research proposal should be submitted on the official fellowship page.
- The applicant must identify a suitable Mentor under whom the proposed research would be carried out.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more