SERB International Travel Scheme (ITS) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India invites applications for SERB International Travel Scheme (ITS) 2020 from Indian researchers. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance of Indian researchers for presenting a research paper in an international scientific event (conference, seminar, workshop etc.) held abroad. Selected scholars will get economy class air-fare by the shortest route from Air India, airport-tax and visa fees and registration fee as per actual or INR 50,000/- whichever is less.
SERB International Travel Scheme (ITS) 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an active Indian researcher engaged in R&D work in recognized academic institutions or research laboratories in India
- Be below 35 years as on the date of the start of the event
- Have an invitation for presenting an original scientific paper
- Not have availed financial assistance under this Scheme during the last three years
- Have obtained a Master's degree in Science or Bachelor's degree in professional courses from a recognized University by the time of submission of application
The selected fellows will get the following awards:
- To & fro economic class airfare by the shortest route, airport tax and visa fees
- Registration fee as per actual or INR.50,000/- whichever is less
- An endorsement letter duly signed and stamped by a competent authority of the institute
- A copy of the letter of acceptance of the presenting paper (oral/poster) by the organizers
- A copy of the abstract of the paper to be presented. Please be sure to include the name of all the authors, author's affiliated institutions with full address and the title of the abstract.
- Biodata with a complete list of scientific/technical publications and patents, if any
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Make log-in, go to Menu> Proposal Submission> Form Submission> Select scheme and fill all the required details.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: Runs throughout the year
Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and documents submitted by the applicants.
Terms and Conditions
- The scientific event should be of an international character. Invitation of personal nature such as for carrying out post-doctoral work, informal training programmes/courses, internship, observer-ship etc. will not be eligible for support.
- Travel grant should be used only for attending the scientific event for which the SERB accorded its approval.
- The Institute/Applicant should submit the claim bills, and other necessary documents within 90 days from the last day of the event.
- The host institute/Applicant shall ensure that the fund released is used exclusively and appropriately for which it has been sanctioned.
- If any candidate found to have furnished incorrect/misleading information at any stage, his/her candidature will be cancelled and no reimbursement will be made. The candidate will also be debarred for the next three years for availing support under this scheme.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more