SERB Core Research Grant (Individual Centric) 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 18-03-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
SERB Core Research Grant (Individual Centric) 2023 is a research opportunity offered by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to emerging and eminent scientists. The scheme provides core research support and other benefits to active researchers to undertake research and development in frontier areas of Science and Engineering. Since the scheme provides core research support to active researchers, the existing name Extramural Research (EMR) has been renamed as Core Research Grant (CRG).
SERB Core Research Grant (Individual Centric) 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen
- hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or a national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India OR
- hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering OR M.D./M.S./M.D.S./M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for the grant*
- be a faculty recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program OR
- be an investigator who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or already superannuated with at least 5 years of service remaining
*Note - To submit a proposal under the Quantitative Social Sciences area, The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold a PhD degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, M.D./M.S./M.D.S./M.V.Sc. degree or PhD degree in any Social Sciences area.
The selected scholars will receive research support from an individual researcher or a group of researchers working in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in other recognized R&D institutions in India. The funding is provided normally for a period of three years.
This research grant will be provided for equipment, research personnel, consumables, travel and contingency. Overheads will also be provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
National Laboratories and Research Institutions should share 50% of the non-recurring cost of the project. For projects with a total cost of more than INR 80,00,000, 50% of the non-recurring and consumables cost will be shared by the lab/Institution.
If a project is approved for SERB support, a certificate from the National laboratory/research Institution will be required for the same.
- A certificate from the principal investigator
- An endorsement letter from the Head of Institution
- Approval Letter
- Plagiarism undertaking
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the grant -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to apply online' section, click on the given link and register in the 'SERB Online Portal'.
Step 4: Fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.
Application Opening - 1st February 2023
Application Deadline - 20th March 2023
The selection will be based on the recommendations of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by SERB. If required, the applicants may be called for discussion/ presentation.
Terms and Conditions
- Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria notified by SERB.
- Private Academic institutions with valid UGC/AICTE/PCI approval, Private R&D Institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition and Voluntary and Non-Governmental Organizations registered under the NITI-AAYOG Darpan portal are eligible to host a project.
- INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalingaswamy Fellows are also eligible to apply provided they have at least three and half years of tenure remaining at the time of submission of application.
- National Laboratories and Research Institutions should share 50% of the non-recurring cost of the project. For projects with a total cost of more than INR 80 lakh, 50% of the non-recurring and consumables cost should be shared by the Lab/Institution. If the project is approved for SERB support, a certificate from the National Laboratory/Research Institution will be required for the same.
- The grant is to help researchers undertake research and development in frontier areas of Science and Engineering.
- The funding is provided for a duration of 3 years.
- An applicant can apply for only one proposal during a call.
- At any given time, only one project is allowed.
- If a project is approved for SERB support, the quotations of the approved equipment need to be uploaded within one month of the date of the approval letter.
- The term "Regular" in the context of CRG refers to the applicants who are appointed against the sanctioned post or in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110 070
Phone Number - 011–40000398 | Email Id - firstname.lastname@example.org
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more