SBI Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
State Bank of India invites applications for SBI Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2020-21 from PhD degree holders with a minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience. The key objective of the fellowship is to conduct research work in the areas relating to the BFSI sector. A monthly stipend of INR 1 lakh (not negotiable) will be given to selected fellows subject to deduction of TDS as applicable.
SBI Post Doctoral Research Fellowship 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
An applicant must -
- Hold a PhD degree in Banking/Finance/Economics/IT related to BFSI sector
- Have a consistently good academic record and demonstrated research skills
- Have a minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience in research work/teaching at Premier Institution/University (like IITs, IIMs, XLRI, ISB or equivalent) or Consultancy
- Be between 28 and 40 years of age as on 31st July 2020
Note: The applicants having an outstanding professional contribution (as first or second author) to the publication of articles/papers in leading, high impact 'A' category journals will be given preference.
A total of five fellowships will be awarded under this scheme that includes -
- A monthly stipend of INR 1 lakh (not negotiable) subject to deduction of TDS as applicable.
- A one-time endowment of INR 2 lakh to 5 lakh to be awarded to the fellows at the end of 2-years in case of exemplary research performance/international publication in reputed journals based on the assessment of Performance Review Committee.
- Residential accommodation at ATIs on the basis of self-payment of utility bills.
- The bank will fund the expenses for the fellow to attend one prestigious international and one national conference in which joint paper of the fellow with SBI has been accepted for presentation on an actual basis.
- Curriculum vitae including the list of publications
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of citizenship
- A 2-page write-up on the high-quality publication by him/her
- A 2-page write-up on the intended research work at SBI
- Two letters of recommendations/reference
- No objection certificate/relief certificate from the present employer (if currently employed)
- Copies of educational certificates and mark sheets
- Copies of two best journal papers
- Experience certificate
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all the details carefully.
Step 2: Click on 'Click for New Registration' (for new users) to proceed with the online application.
Step 3: Click on 'Continue' after reading all the guidelines.
Step 4: Fill in all required details in the 'Basic Info' section.
Step 5: The applicants will receive a registration number and a password on their registered mobile number and email.
Step 6: Log in using registration number and password.
Step 7: Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature as specified.
Step 8: Provide all necessary details and upload all supporting documents.
Step 9: Finally submit the application form.
Step 10: Once the online registration is done, take the print out of the application form.
Step 11: Send the hard copy of application form along with self-attested copies of supporting documents by post to the below-mentioned address on or before 15th October 2020 -
State Bank of India, Central Recruitment & Promotion Department, Corporate Centre, 3rd Floor, Atlanta Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai (Maharashtra, INDIA), PIN-400021
Application Start date: 18th September 2020
Application deadline: 08th October 2020
Last date to send the hard copy of the application: 15th October 2020
The selection of fellows will be done at the following levels -
- Shortlisting of candidates on the basis of their experience and fulfilment of minimum qualification.
- The next level involves the interview of the shortlisted candidates accompanied by a presentation in front of the Expert Selection Committee.
- The final merit list will be prepared in descending order on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- The number of fellowships may vary according to the actual requirement of the bank.
- The fellowship is tenable for two years subject to satisfactory performance of the candidates.
- The size of the photograph to be uploaded should be between 20KB and 50KB with dimensions 200 X 230 pixels.
- The signature to be uploaded should be in Black ink pen with the size between 10KB and 20KB and dimensions 140 X 60 pixels.
- All supporting documents to be uploaded must be in PDF format except the resume of the applicant which should be in DOC or DOCX format with the file size not exceeding 500KB.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more