Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Education, Government of Karnataka invites applications for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship 2019-20 from Postgraduate or Professional degree holders or any other degree holders in Social sciences or public policy. The selected scholars have the opportunity to win a stipend of INR 70,000 per month. The aim of the scholarship is to promote literacy in the state of Karnataka.
Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible for the fellowship:
- Should have 3-10 years of work experience
- Should have an excellent academic and professional track record
- Should possess a regular post‐graduate degree, or a professional degree, or any other degree in Social sciences or public policy
- Must have detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Should have strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in English and Kannada
- Should not be more than 35 years old
Note: Exception on work experience criteria can be made for candidates who have studied in premier institutes.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend of INR 70,000 including taxes for the period of the fellowship
- A 10% increase annually if found satisfactory
The fellows need to attach an updated scanned copy of the resume/curriculum vitae along with the application.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Formulate a cover letter for the fellowship programme.
Step 2: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 3: Submit the application by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Samagra Shikshana Karnataka Fellowship" as the subject.
Note: The cover letter should include 2-3 paragraphs on how the fellowship aligns to the applicant's long-term profession and aspirations.
The following criteria have been curated to assess the various required skills of the applicants and choose the most deserving students among them:
- Shortlisting of applicants based on CV and Cover Letter
- Shortlisting of applicants based on policy brief and presentation on a research assignment
- Final selection based on an in‐person personal interview
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship experience of the fellows will be as follows:
- 10‐day orientation on Education perspectives and policy along with 1 week of immersion in the field to understand the core realities of Public education in Karnataka.
- An opportunity to work closely in supporting the design, implement and monitoring of policies in the field of school education.
- Working closely within the various departments and explore opportunities of synergy among them.
- An opportunity to get mentored by experienced members from the Department of Education.
- The preferred characteristics of the applicants are:
- Project Management skills
- Working knowledge of policy issues in the Indian Education sector
- Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources
- Data analytics and working knowledge of Statistical Packages
- Experience in implementing & monitoring Government Schemes/Programs
- There is a probationary period of 3 months’ after which the Fellows are confirmed based on their performance in that respective period. The probationary period may be extended if necessary.
- The successful completion of the Fellowship does not confer any right on any applicant for any engagement or employment with the Government of Karnataka.
- The duration of the fellowship is 2 years with periodic performance reviews.
- The prime location of the fellowship is Bengaluru, Karnataka with travel across the state if required.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more