Sahapedia Fellowship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Sahapedia is offering the Sahapedia Fellowship 2019 for students having a postgraduate degree or above qualification in Social Sciences and Humanities stream. Available in different languages like English, Hindi, Bangla, Malayalam and Tamil, the fellowship programme aims at providing students, scholars and enthusiasts with an opportunity to engage with and explore the rich cultural heritage of India. Under this programme, the fellows are encouraged to conduct critical research and documentation in diverse areas of cultural knowledge.
Sahapedia Fellowship 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this fellowship, an applicant must -
- Hold a postgraduate degree or above qualification in Social Sciences and Humanities streams in the broadest sense or have equivalent experience
- Hold an Indian bank account
- Not be a previous recipient of the Sahapedia Fellowship
Note: The candidates having prior academic or professional familiarity with the subject under application are preferred.
- The selected fellows are granted an award of INR 44,445, which after income tax deduction under the Income Tax Act, 1961 comes to INR 40,000. The amount after deduction is released in three instalments, subject to the completion of specific deliverables.
- The students who are working in regional languages also get additional assistance of up to INR 10,000 for translation.
- Resume in pdf, doc or docx format with size not more than 10 MB
- Applicant's photograph in jpg, jpeg or png format with size not more than 1 MB
- A proposal of about 1000 words with an abstract of about 250 words in pdf, doc or docx format with the file size not more than 10 MB
- A writing sample of minimum 1500 words or the link of 5- to 10-minute long video clip indication candidate's filmmaking/videography skills for documentation
- Bibliography or list of existing literature/work on the topic with not more than 15 titles/items in pdf, doc or docx format with the file size not more than 10 MB
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for this fellowship online through following steps-
Step 1: Visit the official notification of the fellowship.
Step 2: Fill in all required details in the application form.
Step 3: Upload all supporting documents in the prescribed format and size.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
- Online application start date - 20 May 2019
- Application close date - 30 June 2019
- Announcement of selected candidates - 12 August 2019
- Contracts and acceptance emails - 13 August to 25 August 2019
- Research and submissions - Between 1 September 2019 and 15 March 2020
The selection of the fellows is based on the following criteria -
- The language of writing sample and proposal submitted
- Assessment of the sample videos based on camera work, narrative skills and visuals
- Understanding of completeness, sources and range of references submitted
- Clarity with regards to the purpose of the project and deliverables chosen for the project
- The coherence of the proposal and area of study
- The subject of research and its relevance
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship is divided into categories namely, research, documentation or combination of both.
- Depending on the category selected by the fellows, they have to select their deliverable as specified.
- Every deliverable must be supported with a list of resources.
- The key deliverables for the research category include -
- Introductory article/illustrated overview in about 3,000 words with 5 to 10 images, OR
- A short documentary film of 15 to 20 minutes with English subtitles and synopsis of approximately 500 words
- The key deliverables for the documentation category and the combination of both categories include -
- Allied article in about 1500 words with 3 to 5 images, OR
- Image gallery of 30 to 50 images with captions, OR
- Photo essay comprising a short essay of about 500 to 800 words and 20 images with captions to complement the visual narrative
- Text interview with a scholar/practitioner/expert in about 1500 words with a minimum of 10 questions and answers
- The candidates working in regional languages are required to provide content translated into English.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more