SAARC Agricultural PhD Scholarships 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) is offering SAARC Agriculture Scholarship 2019 to Masters degree holders who wish to pursue a PhD in Agricultural Biotechnology. This program supports SAARC member state applicants. The scholarships are competitive and merit-based for the 3-year PhD program. The selected candidate shall receive tuition fee, a monthly allowance and other benefits. The fellow will perform research studies at ICAR, New Delhi, India which is the host institute for this year's fellowship program.
SAARC Agricultural PhD Scholarships 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a regular employee of National Agricultural Research, Education and Extension System from SAARC Member Countries (except Afghanistan and Bangladesh)
- Show interest in pursuing PhD study in Agricultural Biotechnology
- Be below the age of 40 at the time of application
- Have a Master's degree in agricultural sciences/plant breeding/agricultural biotechnology/cytogenetics from a recognised university
- Have an excellent academic record
- Have a good command of spoken and written English
Note: Candidates having work experience and publications on Agricultural Biotechnology and related fields will be given preference.
The candidates shortlisted for the scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Economy airfare
- One time grant worth USD 1000 to cover the expenditure of books, study materials, etc
- A grant of USD 1000 per year to cover research costs
- Living allowance of USD 600 per month for a period of 3 years
- Graduate and postgraduate degree and certificates
- Research publications
- Brief PhD proposal (max 1000 words)
How can you apply?
Follow the step below to apply for the scholarship:
Step1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the required details and submit the application along with supporting documents.
Step 3: The application must be sent as a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and then to the Director, SAC through the current employing institution, relevant ministry and SAARC Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs/External Affairs of the home country with endorsements.
SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC)
BARC Complex, New Airport Road
Dhaka 1215, Bangladesh
The application will be evaluated by the committee director according to the following criteria:
- Academic records of the candidate
- Awards/peer recognition
- Publications and research experience
- Relevancy and quality of PhD synopsis
Terms and Conditions
- ICAR- Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), Pusa, New Delhi, India is the host institute for this year's program.
- The award may be terminated at any time for reasons of unsatisfactory progress or attendance.
- The awardee needs to execute a bond to the host institute on behalf of SAARC for successful completion of the PhD program.
- The application must be submitted both as a soft copy and hard copy.
- If the candidate leaves the doctoral studies before completion, he/she needs to surrender the entire fellowship amount with interest to SAC, Dhaka.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more