Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for the Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2020, a scheme which has three major activities for people from different backgrounds like graduates and professionals below 30 years of age. The scheme has been divided into the following categories to benefit people:
- Masters degree at an international university
- Internship with an international conservation organization
- Small grants program
The fellowship program primarily supports biodiversity conservation in the areas of field biology, ecology and conservation. The selected fellows have the opportunity to win variable awards allotted for different activities.
Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2020 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship program:
- The applicant must have a commitment to conservation
- Should be below 30 years of age at the time of application
- Eligibility for Masters degree
- Should hold a graduation degree
- Should be applying for a Masters degree in ecology or conservation
- Eligibility for Internship
- Should hold a Bachelors degree
- Eligibility for Small grants program
- Recipients of an initial grant income looking for a follow-up funding
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Masters Program
- A fixed stipend
- Full tuition fee waiver
- One-way international travel
- A fixed stipend
- Internship fees (if any)
- To-and-fro international travel (with a ceiling amount of USD 1500 for travel)
- Small grants program
- A fixed stipend
- Project expenses (with a ceiling amount of INR 2 lakh per year in total)
Note: The Masters and Internship applicants are not eligible for project/research funding.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Letter of acceptance/admission from the host institution (for Internship applicants only)
- Project proposal with a budget (Small grants program applicants)
- Past education qualifications
- Other relevant details
Note: The foundation will contact the referees directly. They are requested not to send their letters until they have heard directly from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Access the application form for the various activities by visiting the latest scholarship page and download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with relevant details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Convert the Internship and Small Grant application form into a PDF document of not more than 1 MB (If applicable).
Step 5: Submit the application in the following ways:
- Masters program deadline: 31st March 2020
- Internship deadline: 15th April 2020
- Small Grants deadline: 15th April 2020
The fellowship seeks youthful applicants with bold and unconventional ideas for tackling problems related to conservation and thus the applicant must demonstrate and specify their commitment to conservation and justify with conviction the ways in which the fellowship will assist in further conservation in India. The applicants will be shortlisted in the following procedure:
- The completed applications received will be screened by a selection committee, who will then shortlist candidates for interview by judging on their interest in wildlife ecology and conservation through prior involvement in this field.
- The selected applicants will receive the details of travel, venue, etc. by the foundation.
- Interviews for of the concerned applicants usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi at the end of the month of May or early June. The decisions on all the three fellowship activities will be announced shortly thereafter.
Note: No interviews will be conducted for Small Grants applicants.
Terms and Conditions
- Fellows must submit a detailed Interim Report each year and a Final Report at the end of their term.
- All reports must contain an accounting of the funds spent. Fellows retain all rights over information generated during their tenure.
- Fellows must acknowledge the support received from the “Ravi Sankaran Fellowship” when and where they publish the work.
- Ravi Sankaran Fellowships are open to Indian nationals (who must also be resident in India at the time of applying).
- The Master's Degree program at an International University will fund 1-2 students to work towards a 1-2 year degree in a reputed academic program in ecology or conservation.
- Internship with an International Conservation Organisation program will fund 1-2 recipients to carry out an internship of 6 weeks to 1 year with a university research group, NGO, government agency, or other organization, known for its work in conservation science and practice in a country other than India.
- The small grants program will fund up to 3 recipients to carry out an initial project of up to one year that is expected to lead to a longer-term conservation science and/or implementation project.
- The applicants have to type out their answers to all questions in the space provided in the application form and that space will expand if needed.
- Some fields have a word limit, the applicants are requested to make sure they do not exceed the given limit.
- The applicants are requested to use the appropriate form for applying to the program.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more