Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Merit Scholarship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi invites applications from students studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as the main or optional subject in class 9 to 12, BA, MA, PhD or equivalent degree programme for Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Merit Scholarship 2019. The scholarship aims to propagate and promote the Sanskrit language.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Merit Scholarship 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be a regular student during the academic session 2017-18 and pursuing Purva-Madhyama(1st year)/9th standard, Purva-Madhyama(2nd year)/10th standard, Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri(1st year)11th standard, Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri(2nd year)/12th standard, Shastri/B.A.(1st/2nd/3rd year), Acharya/M.A.(1st/2nd year) or Vidyawaridhi/Ph.D. or equivalent.
- Have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks or equal grade in overall and 60% marks or equal grade in Sanskrit/Plai/Prakrit
- Have opted Sanskrit/Plai/Prakrit in the present class of study for which they have applied for the scholarship.
Note - Eligibility criteria in terms of the minimum percentage of marks for the candidates belonging to the categories mentioned below shall be as under-
- OBC- 55%
- SC/ST/Physically handicapped (PH) - 50%
The selected scholars will receive the following awards -
- For students of Class 9 and 10/Purva-Madhyama or equivalent courses - INR 250 p.m. for 10 months (INR 2,500 per annum)
- For students of Class 11 and 12/Prak Shastri/Uttarmadhyama or equivalent courses - INR 300 p.m. for 10 months (INR 3,000 per annum)
- For students of Shastri/Graduation/BA/BA(Hons.) or an equivalent course - INR 400 p.m. for 10 months (INR 4,000 per annum)
- For students of Acharya/MA or equivalent in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit - INR 500 p.m. for 10 months (INR 5,000 per annum)
- For students of Vidyavaridhi/PhD or equivalent in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit - INR 1,500 p.m. for 12 months and INR 2,000 per year as a contingency
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination
- The first page of the bank passbook where details of the applicant's account are available (along with the photograph)
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- Caste/Category Certificate of reserved category (S.C/S.T/O.B.C/Divine Body(P.H.) from the appropriate authority in the name of the applicant
Note- Bank account should be linked with Aadhar number.
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship online only after their institution has been registered, verified and activated. While the institutions can register by clicking here, the students can follow the below-given steps to apply -
Step 1: Click here to visit the student login page.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 4: After successful registration, login using the registered email id and password.
Step 5: Complete the application form and submit.
Registration timeline for educational institutions - Between 30 July 2019 and 20 October 2019
Application timeline for students - Between 30 July 2019 and 31 October 2019
The selection of the students will be based on their overall grade/percentage and grade/percentage in Sanskrit subject. The final decision will be made by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
Terms and Conditions
- The number of scholarships awarded each year depends on the availability of funds.
- Only online mode of applications is accepted.
- The scholarship amount will be paid directly to the account of the selected students through PFMS/NEFT/E-transfer.
- An intimation letter will also be sent through e-mail or by post to the concerned institution.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more