Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 01-02-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2022-23 is an opportunity offered by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India to Ph.D./M.D. degree or equivalent in Life Sciences/ Agriculture, Bioinformatics and allied areas or M.Tech. degree holders in Engineering or Technology/ Medicine etc. with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories. The selected candidates will receive INR 1,00,000 and other benefits.
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian national
- not be more than 45 years old as on closing date of the
- possess a Ph.D/MD degree or equivalent in Life Sciences/ Agriculture, Bioinformatics and allied areas OR
- M.Tech. degree in Engineering or Technology/ Medicine etc. with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories
- Applicants should have a proven/outstanding track record as evidenced by research publications and recognitions.
- The applicants who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement (two years for women candidates) are also eligible to apply. However, if they have secured a permanent position in India within this period then they are not eligible to apply
The candidates will receive the awards as follow -
- A fellowship of INR 1,00,000 per month
- An amount of Rs. 18,500 per month for HRA (if applicable)
- In addition, fellow will receive a Research Support grant of INR 13,00,000 per annum for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic travel, engaging project staff and other contingent expenditures to be incurred in connection with the implementation of the project
- The host institute will receive INR 50,000 per annum towards institutional overhead under the project
- The fellows will be eligible for regular research grant/s through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India provided that a Co-PI is a regular faculty member, and the concerned funding agency allows for this arrangement.
- In case fellows join a permanent position, the fellowship and HRA components of the scheme will be discontinued. However, they can avail the research grant component of the fellowship for the remaining tenure of the fellowship.
- During the extension period, the fellow will be provided with a fellowship, contingency/research grant, HRA and Institutional Overhead.
- Date of birth proof
- Copy of passport (if applicable)
- Doctoral degree certificate
- Details of research contribution
- Reprints of 5 best research publications
- Research proposal detailing proposed research work
- Certificate by host institute
- Letters of Recommendation
- Undertaking from the applicant/ Statement from Current Employer [certifying that applicant is not on a permanent position in India] (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the fellowship by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Read all the details carefully, navigate to 'How to Apply' and click on it.
Step 4: Navigate to 'Register/ Login' on the right-hand side of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 5: Click on 'Please Register Yourself', fill in the required details and submit to 'Register'. (Note - If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 6: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.
Application Deadline - 6th March 2023
The committee constituted by the Department of Biotechnology will recommend the selection of candidates for the fellowship.
DBT-HRD Project & Management Unit (DBT-HRD PMU)
Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Government of India
NCR Biotech Science Cluster
Phone Number - (0129)-2848800/2848538/539
Email Id - firstname.lastname@example.org
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more