Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites applications for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20 from students having a PhD/MD or equivalent degree. The aim of this fellowship is to attract the highly skilled Indian researchers working overseas in several domains of biotechnology, life sciences and allied sciences. Selected fellows would receive a consolidated monthly remuneration of INR 1,00,000 per month and other additional benefits.
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national working overseas in the field of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Bio-engineering/Health Care, Agriculture/Veterinary Sciences and other allied areas
- Possess a PhD/MD or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record
- Have at least three years of post-doctoral research experience of which two years should be from an overseas laboratory
- Not be more than 45 years of age on the closing date of application
Note – Those researchers who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of scholarship advertisement are also eligible to apply.
- Consolidated monthly remuneration of INR 1,00,000 per month
- House rent allowance of INR 18,500 per month
- Research/contingency grant of INR 10.00 lakhs for the 1st & 2nd year, INR 7.50 lakhs for the 3rd & 4th year and INR 5.00 lakhs for the 5th year
- Medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance, and other benefits as per the prevailing norms
Note: If the host institute provides accommodation to the fellows, no House Rent Allowance is admissible. Also, the fellowship amount is taxable as per the norms of Government of India.
- Applicant's passport-sized photograph
- Three recommendations
- Reprints of 5 research papers
- Research proposal
- Copy of the Passport indicating immigration date
- Age proof
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the application form proforma from here.
Step 2: Submit both the hard copy and soft copy (as a single PDF) of the completed form duly forwarded by the competent authority to the address and email id mentioned below -
Dr Kakali Dev Dasgupta, Scientist ‘E’, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003
Application deadline: 31st October 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Fellows can draw fellowship for a term of five years.
- Fellowship is further extendable for another two years on a fresh appraisal. Only fellowship & HRA will be admissible during the extension period.
- Those scholars who are able to secure permanent positions will not be considered for the 2nd term.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more