Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 24-01-2024 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, to students with Ph.D./M.D. degrees or equivalent in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Bioinformatics, allied areas, or M.Tech. degrees in Engineering or Technology/Medicine with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories. Selected candidates will receive a fellowship of ₹1,00,000 along with other benefits.
Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be an Indian national
- not be more than 45 years old as on the closing date of the application
- possess one of the following qualifications:
- Ph.D./M.D. degree or equivalent in Life Sciences/Agriculture, Bioinformatics, or allied areas
- M.Tech. degree in Engineering or Technology/Medicine with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories
- have an outstanding track record evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and international awards
- Applicants working in any area of life sciences & biotechnology, bio-engineering, healthcare (human and animal), agriculture and veterinary biotechnology, or bio-energy and allied areas with relevant experience are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have already returned to India within one year (two years for women candidates) of the advertisement closing date are also eligible, but not if they have secured a permanent position in India within this period.
The candidates will receive the awards as follows:-
- A fellowship of ₹1,00,000 per month
- An amount of ₹18,500 per month for HRA (if applicable)
- In addition, the fellows will receive a research support grant of ₹13,00,000 per annum for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic travel, engaging project staff and other contingent expenditures to be incurred in connection with the implementation of the project.
- The host institute will receive ₹50,000 per annum towards institutional overhead under the project.
- Fellows are eligible to apply for research projects, travel grants, and conference grants through extramural and other research schemes of various science and technology agencies of the Government of India, provided a regular faculty member serves as co-principal investigator and the concerned funding agency allows for this arrangement.
- If fellows accept a permanent position, the fellowship and housing allowance components of the scheme will be discontinued. However, they can continue to receive the research continuation grant for the remaining tenure of the fellowship.
- During the extension period, the fellow will receive a fellowship, research continuation grant, housing allowance, and institutional overhead grant.
- Date of birth proof
- Copy of passport (if applicable)
- Degrees/certificates of doctoral studies
- Details of research contributions
- Reprints of 5 best research publications
- Research proposal detailing proposed research work
- Certificate by the host institute
- Letter of recommendation
- Undertaking from the applicant/statement from the current employer
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the fellowship by following the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID.)
Step 3: Read all the details carefully, navigate to the 'How to Apply', and click on the given link.
Step 4: Navigate to 'Register/ Login' on the right-hand side of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 5: Navigate to the 'RRF Call for Application 2023-24' in the announcement section and click on it.
Step 6: Now, navigate to the 'Please Register Yourself' on the top right-hand side of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 7: Fill in the required details, and submit to 'Register'. (Note:- If the applicant is already registered, kindly login using valid credentials.)
Step 8: After successful registration, login using valid credentials.
Step 9: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.
Scholarship Deadline: 15th February 2024
Candidates for the fellowship will be selected by the Department of Biotechnology committee based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and their performance in the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Submission of a certificate from the host institute is mandatory. Applications without this certificate will not be accepted.
- Only applications submitted through the official online portal will be accepted. Hard copies will not be considered.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more