Professional Fellows Program for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
World Learning with the funding of the U.S. Department of State invites applications for the Professional Fellows Program for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia 2019 from professionals with experience in legislative processes and/or policymaking. Through this exchange program, participants will gain an understanding of the U.S. legislative process while engaging in civic life through enrichment activities, such as meetings with key stakeholders, dialogues, and site visits. The selected fellows will receive multiple benefits including accommodation and stipend.
Professional Fellows Program for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship:
- Should fall in the age group of 25-40 years
- Should be experienced in legislative and political processes or good governance including the following:
- Role of women and minorities, and also the marginalized populations among them
- Youth politics and student leaders
- Climate change and environment
- Trade and regional connectivity
The selected fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Accommodation which will include double-person hotel rooms and homestays with American families and peers.
- A small stipend during the participants’ time in the United States to cover basic living expenses.
- Cost of international and domestic travel
- Program-related ground transportation
- Cultural activities
- All the other programmatic and logistical arrangements
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the latest scholarship link and click on 'APPLY' to access the application form.
Step 2: Read the instructions and start filling the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Upload relevant documents along with the application.
Step 4: Submit the application.
The applications will be reviewed based on pre-defined criteria which include:
- Openness to dialogue and new ideas
- Strong potential to play an increasingly important role in society
- Proven commitment to non-violence
- Interest in participating in the program and sharing the experience with colleagues and the public
- Commitment to the implementation of a follow-on project
Terms and Conditions
- The application must be completed in English.
- Only the applicants who reach the semi-finalist level will be followed-up with the status of the application.
- Preference will be given to applicants with relevant professional achievements who have not previously visited the United States.
- All candidates should be able and willing to host American counterparts, for up to a week, and design, arrange, and coordinate, under World Learning and its partners’ supervision, a local professional and cultural program for the American participants.
- Action plans for the follow-on projects will be developed throughout the course of the U.S. program.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more