Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTs Police Personnel 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs invites applications for Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTs Police Personnel 2020-21 from the dependent wards of State Police personnel who are martyred during terror/naxal attacks.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTs Police Personnel 2020-21 Deadline15-Apr-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent ward of State Police personnel who got martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks
- Be pursuing first professional degree courses such as Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, BPharm, BSc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc), MBA, MCA, etc.
- Have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying exams i.e Class 12, diploma, Graduation or equivalent (Minimum Entry Qualification - MEQ)
- INR 3,000 per month for girls
- INR 2,500 per month for boys
Note: The scholarship amount (to be paid annually after selection) is INR 36,000 to each girl and INR 30,000 to each boy.
Following document is required to be uploaded:
- A certificate issued by the State Govt. indicating that the State Police personnel was killed in a terror/naxal attack
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Fill in Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly; no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 15th April 2021
Last date for defective verification: 30th April 2021
Last date for institute verification: 30th April 2021
The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ.
Terms and Conditions
- To ensure renewal of the scholarship for subsequent years, the students need to pass the professional course with at least 50% marks.
- The scholarship can be tenable for up to 5 years depending upon the duration of the course pursued by the applicant.
- The students admitted in the second year of professional/technical bachelor degree courses through lateral entry can also apply for the scholarship.
- The selected scholars will receive the scholarship amount directly into their bank accounts through the PFMS (Public Finance Management System) under the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) programme.
- Incomplete application form and failure to attach the required documents will lead to rejection of the application.
- Mobile number and email address of applicants is mandatory so as to inform the candidate of any discrepancies or development through SMS and email.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more