Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs invites applications for Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles 2020-21 from the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
1. Background Requirements
An applicant must:
- Be a ward or widow of a deceased CAPF and AR personnel who died in harness at work/election duty, OR
- Be a ward of personnel who became disabled due to causes attributable to Government service, OR
- Be a ward of Ex-CAPF & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry awards, OR
- Be a ward or widow of a retired and serving CAPF & AR personnel (below officer rank)
2. Qualification Requirements
The applicant must:
- Be pursuing first professional degree courses in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, BPharm, BSc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc), MBA, MCA, etc.
- Have secured 60% marks in the qualifying exam i.e Class 12, diploma, Graduation or equivalent
- INR 3,000 per month for girls
- INR 2,500 per month for boys
Following documents are required:
- Service certificate to be issued by H.O.O. in case of serving personnel
- Scanned copy of the mark sheet of MEQ (Minimum Entry Qualification) i.e Class 12, Diploma, Graduation or equivalent
- PPO or Discharge certificate (mandatory for category A to F)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for category B and D)
- Death certificate (mandatory for category A and C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for category E)
Note: Refer to the important links to know about the categories.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender; write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Fill in Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly; no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 25th April 2021
Last date for defective verification: 30th April 2021
Last date for institute verification: 30th April 2021
The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ and the order of preference set by WARB.
Terms and Conditions
- To ensure the renewal of the scholarship for subsequent years, the students need to pass the professional course with at least 50% marks.
- The scholarship can be tenable for up to 5 years depending upon the duration of the course pursued by the applicant.
- The selected students will also receive a personal letter from the Honourable Prime Minister.
- The students admitted in the second year of professional/technical bachelor degree courses through lateral entry can also apply for the scholarship.
- The selected scholars will receive the scholarship amount directly into their bank accounts through the PFMS (Public Finance Management System) under the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) programme.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more