Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India invites applications for Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF) 2020 from BTech, MTech, MSc or integrated MTech/MSc students. The aim of this fellowship is to promote technical research studies and attract the meritorious students to pursue doctoral programmes at leading institutions of India. Selected students will get admission in PhD programmes at IISc/IISERs/IITs and Central Universities with a fellowship of up to INR 80,000 per month and other additional benefits.
Prime Minister's Research Fellowship (PMRF) 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Apply for a PhD programme at one of the PMRF granting institutes either through direct entry channel or lateral entry channel
For Direct Entry Channel
The applicants must satisfy one of the following criteria -
- Have completed or been pursuing the final year of 4- (or 5) year undergraduate or 5-year integrated M.Tech or 5-year integrated M.Sc. or 2-year M.Sc. or 5-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIEST and centrally funded universities with a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent, OR
- Have completed or been pursuing the final year of 4- (or 5) year undergraduate or 5-year integrated M.Tech or 5-year integrated M.Sc. or 2-year M.Sc. or 5-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from any other (not covered in the first point) Institute/University recognized in India with a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent apart from a minimum score of 650 in the respective GATE subject, OR
- Have qualified GATE and be pursuing or have completed M.Tech./MS by Research at one of PMRF granting institutions having a minimum CGPA or CPI of 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses
For Lateral Entry Channel
The applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria -
- Be pursuing PhD in one of the PMRF granting institutions and have completed at most 12 months in the PhD programme (if they have joined the programme with a Master's degree), OR have completed at most 24 months in the PhD programme (if they have joined the programme with a Bachelor's degree)
- Have completed at least four courses in the PhD programme, each of which should be a full-semester course
- Have obtained an aggregate CGPA of 8.5 (out of 10) or higher
The students selected for the fellowship will receive the following benefits:
- Year 1 – INR 70,000 per month
- Year 2 - INR 70,000 per month
- Year 3 – INR 75,000 per month
- Year 4 – INR 80,000 per month
- Year 5 – INR 80,000 per month
Additionally, each fellow will also receive a research grant of INR 2 Lakh per year for up to 5 years to cover academic contingency expenses and for foreign/national travel expenses. The tenure of fellowship will be four years for students from integrated courses and five years for B. Tech (or equivalent) students. For students selected through the lateral entry channel, the PMRF scholarship and obligations will continue only for the remainder of the student’s stay in the doctoral programme. No retrospective payment will be made.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Project abstract of maximum 1,000 words in PDF file
- Scanned copy of mark sheets/grade sheets/transcripts
- Scanned copy of GATE qualifying certificate
- CV (in not more than 2 A4 size pages and in PDF format)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates need to apply for a PhD programme at one of the PMRF granting institutions after which the institutes will make a recommendation for the fellowship.
Application accepting throughout the year.
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of metrics specified for each entry type.
Terms and Conditions
- There will be no such interviews.
- The applicant needs to be a PhD student in one of the PMRF granting institutions and then get nominated by the institution.
- Industry participation in the PMRF program would be explored through CSR funding or otherwise to enable the industry to sponsor Fellows.
To know more, click here.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by jaswanth kasireddi on 18-Sep-2020
Dimple Thapa on 18-Sep-2020
Kindly visit our website and apply it according to your eligibility.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more