President's PhD Scholarships, Imperial College London 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Imperial College London invites applications for President's PhD Scholarships 2020-21 from high performing undergraduate or Master's students who wish to enrol for a PhD programme. Up to 50 research students will be selected for this scholarship. They will receive a tuition fee waiver and a generous annual stipend.
President's PhD Scholarships, Imperial College London 2020-21 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible for these scholarships, an applicant must:
- Be a talented candidate from Imperial College London, UK or any country worldwide
- Be among the highest achievers in his/her undergraduate cohort
- Be in receipt of or due to receive a first-class UK degree or equivalent
- Have achieved a distinction (for candidates with a standalone Master's qualification)
- Have obtained scores/grades equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria (for overseas students)
- Have already made contact with a supervisor at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise the research project
Candidates selected for the scholarships will receive the following benefits for a duration of up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fee
- An annual stipend of GBP 21,400 to assist with living costs
- An annual consumables fund of GBP 2,000 for the first 3 years of study
- Personal statement outlining the academic and research achievements to date and the planned research project (in approx. 1,000 words and maximum 2 pages)
- Academic transcripts
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal
Step 2: Select the relevant program.
Step 3: Log in or create a new account.
Step 4: Access the application after verifying the email address.
Step 5: Fill out the application form with the required details.
Step 6: Upload the relevant documents.
Step 7: Submit the application.
Application accepted throughout the year
- The departments to which the applicant has applied will shortlist the eligible candidates and present them to the Imperial College Selection Panel for consideration.
- The Selection Panel will then assess the candidates based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Research potential
- Suitability of candidate
Terms and Conditions
- Current PhD students are not eligible for President's PhD scholarships as the scheme is open to only new PhD applicants.
- The personal statement should not exceed the 2-page limit.
- While filling the online application form, candidates must select the President's PhD Scholarship scheme in the funding section of the additional questions tab.
- Any offer of a PhD place will be conditional on the final interview by the Department and (if applicable) on the candidate receiving the predicted qualifications.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more