Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC Students, Meghalaya 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 03-08-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC Students, Meghalaya 2022-23 is an initiative for SC students of Meghalaya studying in Class 9 and 10. The scholarship is being offered by the Government of Meghalaya. The objective of this scheme is to support the education of SC students to eliminate the incidence of dropout, especially during the transition from elementary to the secondary stage. The selected students will receive a scholarship and other grants.
Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC Students, Meghalaya 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Meghalaya
- belong to the SC community
- be a regular full-time student studying in Class 9 and 10 of a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh
The value of a scholarship includes the following for the complete duration of the course -
- Scholarship and other grants
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Institutes/Schools
Rate of scholarship and other grants are as follows -
Item Day Scholars Hostellers Scholarship per month in Rupees (INR) (for 10 months) 225 525 Books and Ad hoc grant (per annum) 750 1,000
The SC students with disabilities studying in Class 9 and 10 in private un-aided recognized schools will receive allowances under this scheme as follows -
Allowances Amount (INR) Monthly reader allowance for blind students 160 Monthly transport allowances for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995, if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the institution 160 Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with extremely low disability 160 Monthly helper allowance 160 Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and ill students 240 Documents
- Copy of application
- Copy of passport size photograph
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree, etc.
- A certificate (in original) of Caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Offline Process -
Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates. The applications shall be forwarded by the Head of the Institution after scrutiny and with the recommendation to the sanctioning authority.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria. The scholarship will be released to the students in the following order of priority -
- Students studying in Centre/State/UT Government Educational Bodies.
- Students studying in Government aided Schools.
- Students studying in a Private school affiliated to Centre/State.
- Students studying in other institutions.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- No scholarship will be awarded to the students who didn't get promoted to the next class/level.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the period of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study.
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be renewed during the period of the first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/Institution/College.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an SC certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the SC certificate was issued.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more