Pre-Matric Scholarship (Unclean Occupation) 2017-18, Odisha
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The SC & ST Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Odisha invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarships from students of Class 1 to 10 whose parents are involved in the unclean occupation. The children of individuals engaged in occupations like tanning, scavenging, sweeping and flaying will be benefited under this scheme.
Pre-Matric Scholarship (Unclean Occupation) 2017-18, Odisha DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must -
- Be studying in Class 1 to 10
- Be a domicile of Odisha
- Be children of
- Scavengers engaged in manual cleaning/carrying of human excreta or cleaning of manholes and open drains
- Sweepers having a traditional link with scavenging
- Beneficiaries covered under the self-employment schemes for rehabilitation of manual scavengers (SRMS) borne before the rehabilitation of parents/guardian under SRMS
Students will receive the following benefits:
- An amount of INR 110 per month for Class 1 to 2
- An amount of INR 110 per month (day scholars) and INR 700 per month (hostellers) for Class 3 to 10
- An annual ad hoc grant of INR 750 (day scholars) and INR 1000 (hostellers)
The following documents need to be submitted at the time of the application:
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate of parents
- Occupation certificate of parents
How can you apply?
Candidates can apply offline by contacting their respective Government schools or the Municipal Corporation offices.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more