NSP Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-20 from physically challenged students of class 9 and 10. The key objective of the scholarship is to support the students with disabilities for their studies and prepare them to earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
NSP Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a regular full-time student of class 9 or class 10 in government or recognised school.
- Have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same.
- Belong to the family where the annual income is not more than INR 2.50 Lakhs from all the sources.
A total of 25,000 fresh scholarships and renewal scholarships will be given for the academic year 2019-20. It includes -
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for hostellers): INR 800 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for day scholars): INR 500 per month
- Book grant (for both hostellers and day scholars): INR 1,000 per annum
- Disability allowance
- Visually impaired: INR 4000 per annum
- Hearing impaired: INR 2000 per annum
- Physically disabled: INR 2000 per annum
- Intellectual disability: INR 4000 per annum
- All other types of disability: INR 2000 per annum
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 15 July 2019
Scholarship closing date: 15 November 2019
Last date for defect verification: 15 November 2019
Last date for Institute verification: 15 November 2019
The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars -
- Fulfilment of eligibility conditions
- Number of slots available to the State
- Recommendation of the State Education Department
- Academic merit of the candidate in the qualifying examination
Note: In case of a tie in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Terms and Conditions
- 50% of the total scholarships are reserved for the female candidates. However, in case of the adequate number of female students are not available, the unutilised slots can be utilised by the suitable male candidates.
- Not more than two children with disabilities of the same parents can avail benefits under this scheme.
- The final selection of the candidates will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities based on the recommendations of the concerned state government department.
- The amount of scholarship will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary through PFMS.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more