Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Odisha 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 08-02-2024 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Odisha 2023-24 is an initiative of the ST&SC and MBC Welfare Department of the Government of Odisha, to financially support ST students of the state who are studying in Class 9 and 10. This scholarship support aims to decrease dropout rates of ST students, particularly during the transition from elementary to secondary education. The selected candidates will receive an annual scholarship grant of up to ₹5,250 and other grants.
Source: State Scholarship Portal, Odisha
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Odisha 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be domiciled in Odisha
- belong to the Scheduled Tribe (ST) community of the state
- be studying in Class 9 and 10 in a government school or a school recognised by the Government or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual parent(s)/guardian(s) income of not more than ₹2,50,000
Note:- Applicants should not be receiving any other centrally-funded pre-matric scholarship.
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits:-
Item Day Scholar (in ₹) Hosteller (in ₹) Scholarship for 10 months 225 525 Books and Ad Hoc grant (per annum) 750 1,000
Divyangjan scholarship recipients will receive additional financial support as follows:-
- Hostelers: ₹800 per month (₹9,600 annually)
- Day scholars: ₹600 per month (₹7,200 annually)
Note:- To receive disability allowance under the Act, a student's disability must be confirmed by a government medical authority. This includes leprosy-cured individuals and students with sickle cell anemia or thalassemia, provided they have the necessary medical certificate.
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile certificate
- Disability certificate
- Annual family income certificate*
- ST certificate issued by the competent authority of the state
- A scanned copy of the passport-size photograph
- The resolution/quality of documents and photos uploaded should be adequate and the document should be legible and clear.
- Income certificates based on self-declaration or affidavits won't be accepted. State governments will establish competent authorities responsible for issuing official income certificates.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to register. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID.)
Step 3: Click on the 'Registration' button on the top of the dashboard and tick on the terms and conditions checkbox.
Step 4: Fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note:- If already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: After successful registration, fill in the required details and submit.
Scholarship Deadline: 29th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be given for only one year. A student will not receive a scholarship for repeating a class.
- The income certificate will be taken only once which will be at the time of admission to the course.
- The Government of India at its own discretion can change the provisions of this scheme at any time.
- The applicant should rectify the error(s) and comply with the remarks made in the application, in case the application is marked as defective in the State-owned portal/National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Only approved applications will be considered for scholarships on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Nodal officers in certain states can reject applications during verification, and these rejections are final.
- Candidates belonging to one state (domicile State) but studying in another state will be awarded scholarships by the state to which they belong (domicile state) and the applications will be submitted to the competent authorities in their domicile state.
- The family income shall be computed in the following manner:-
- If both parents are working, their combined income from all sources counts as the total family income.
- Only the income of parents counts towards the total family income, excluding earnings from any other family members.
- For families with only one living parent, only that parent's income counts towards the total family income. Income from siblings or other family members is not included.
- In the case of an orphan, supported by a guardian, income criteria shall not apply.
For Renewal of Scholarships:-
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year. Additional disability allowance will be paid for the entire year.
- A student receiving a scholarship in Class 9 will be able to renew it for Class 10 subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance.
- The scholarship is valid for one year per class. Repeating a class does not qualify for renewed scholarship for that class. However, upon successful promotion to the next class, the scholarship may be renewed.
Note:- For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more