Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 03-01-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2022-23 is an initiative of the Government of Manipur to financially support the ST students of Manipur who are studying in Class 9 and 10. The scholarship aims to support ST students studying in Class 9 and 10 and minimize the incidence of drop-out in the transition from elementary to secondary stage of education. The selected scholars will receive a scholarship and other grants.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Manipur 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Manipur
- belong to the ST category
- be studying in Class 9 and 10 as a regular full-time student at a Government School or a school recognized by the Government or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2 lakh from all sources
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
- INR 150 per month to day scholars and INR 350 per month to hostellers
- Book and Ad hoc grant of INR 750 per annum to day scholars and INR 1,000 per annum to hostellers
- Additional allowances of up to INR 240 per month to students with disability
Additional allowances for students with disabilities studying in private unaided schools -
Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private unaided Schools Amount (In INR) Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students 160 Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution 160 Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability 160 Monthly Helper Allowance is admissible to any of the hostels willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper 160 Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students 240
Note - The disability as defined under the Persons with Disabilities (equal opportunities, Protection of rights and full participation Act, 1995) Act has to be certified by competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
- Caste certificate by an authorised revenue officer
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph with signature
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th January 2023
Last Date for Defect Verification: 31st December 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st December 2022
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The scholarship award will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance.
- In case of repeating a class, the student would not get the scholarship for that class for a subsequent year.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- No scholarship will be awarded to the students who didn't get promoted to the next class/level.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the period of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/Institution/College.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
Note - For more details, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more