Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Class 9 & 10) - Andaman and Nicobar 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by October, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Class 9 & 10) - Andaman and Nicobar 2020-21 from ST students of Class 9 and 10. The scholarship is applicable for candidates who are domiciles of Andaman and Nicobar. The scholarship aims to improve the participation of ST children in Classes 9 and 10 so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Class 9 & 10) - Andaman and Nicobar 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must-
- Belong to Scheduled Tribes community
- Be a domicile of Andaman and Nicobar
- Be studying in Class 9 and 10 at a recognised institution
- Have an annual family income less than INR 2.00 lakh
- Not be getting any other centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship
The selected students will receive benefits as follows -
- Scholarship of INR 150 per month for day scholars and INR 350 per month for Hosteller
- Books and Ad hoc grant of INR 750 per annum for day scholars and INR 1,000 per annum for hostellers
- Additional allowances for students with disabilities up to INR 240 per month
- Domicile certificate
- A passport size photograph
- Self-attested copies of certificates, diplomas, degree, etc
- Caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Income declaration certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship closing date: 15th February 2021
Last date for defective verification: 28th February 2021
Last date for institute verification: 28th February 2021
- All eligible Scheduled Tribes community candidates will be given scholarships as prescribed in this scheme.
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more