Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) 2020-21, Assam
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) 2020-21, Assam from SC students of Class 9 and 10. The scholarship is applicable for candidates who are domiciles of Assam. Under this scheme, the SC students from economically weaker sections will be provided financial support with an aim to reduce the incidences of student drop-outs during the transition from elementary to the secondary stage.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) 2020-21, Assam DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must-
- Be a domicile of Assam
- Belong to Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Be a regular, full-time student studying in Class 9 or 10
- Have an annual family income not exceeding INR 2.5 lakh
- Not be getting any other centrally-funded pre-matric scholarship
- Be enrolled in a government school or in a school recognized by the government or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education
The selected students will receive benefits as follows -
- A scholarship of INR 225 per month (for day scholars) and INR 525 per month (for hostellers) for 10 months
- Books and ad-hoc grant of INR 750 per annum (for day scholars) and INR 1,000 per annum (for hostellers)
- An additional allowance of up to INR 240 per month for students with disabilities studying in private unaided schools
- A copy of the prescribed application form
- A passport size photograph
- Self-attested copies of certificates, diplomas, degree, etc
- Caste certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Income declaration certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 31st August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defect verification: 31st January 2021
Last date for Institute verification: 25th January 2021
The scholarship will be provided to all the candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be given for only one year. A student will not receive the scholarship for repeating a class.
- In an academic year, the scholarship will be payable for 10 months.
- A student getting a scholarship in Class 9 will be able to renew it for Class 10 subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance.
- The income certificate will be taken only once which will be at the time of admission to the course.
- The Government of India at its own discretion can change the provisions of this scheme at any time.
- Candidates living in any state other than the state of domicile will be awarded a scholarship by the state they belong to.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more