Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Assam 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 04-01-2024 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Assam 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India, to provide financial assistance to OBC category students of the state who are studying in Class 9 and 10. The selected students will receive a consolidated academic allowance of ₹4,000 per annum.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Assam 2023-24
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:-
- be an Indian national
- be domiciled in Assam
- belong to the Other Backward Class (OBC) community
- be a full-time student studying in Class 9 and 10 in government schools
- have an annual parent(s)/guardian(s) income of not more than ₹2,50,000 from all sources
The selected students will receive a consolidated academic allowance of ₹4,000 per annum.
- Domicile certificate
- A valid caste certificate issued by the competent authority
- Academic transcripts, including marksheet/certificate
- Annual income certificate of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- The first page of the bank passbook
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on the 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Select the respective Aadhaar option, enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 10th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% of the beneficiaries are reserved for female students and a minimum of 5% of scholarships will be awarded to applicants with disabilities.
- The income certificate of the parent(s)/guardian(s) will be taken only once which will be at the time of admission to the course.
- Maintaining at least 75% attendance throughout the previous year is mandatory to avail the scholarship.
- The duration of the scholarship in an academic year will be 10 months.
- The scholarship scheme will be implemented and administered following the procedure laid down by the Government of Assam.
- During the course of the study, students will not be allowed to take up employment.
- The students are not allowed to avail the benefits of any other pre-matric scholarship during the tenure of the scholarship.
- The bank account of the beneficiaries should be Aadhar-seeded.
- Any student who obtains a scholarship through false statements faces severe consequences. Their scholarship will be immediately canceled, and they may be required to repay the received amount at the discretion of the relevant state government. Additionally, they will be permanently blacklisted and ineligible for future scholarships under any program.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- Scholarships are available to a maximum of two boys from the same family. This limit does not apply to females, i.e. the females receiving scholarships will not affect the eligibility of their brothers to receive scholarships within the family limit of two.
For Renewal of the Scholarship:
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be renewed during the period of the first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of 75% attendance. The attendance will be verified through an aadhaar-based attendance system.
- If a student fails to appear for the annual exam due to illness, their scholarship can still be renewed. They are just required to provide a medical certificate from the approved authority, and the institution/awarding body needs to accept it.
- Even if a student gets promoted but doesn't pass the previous year's exams, they can still receive the scholarship for their new class, as long as they meet the other scholarship requirements and their university/institute allows this exception.
- If a student fails and repeats a class, their scholarship will continue for one additional year or the duration of the repeated class, whichever is less.
Note - For more information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Details'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2025. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more