Pre-Matric SC Cleaning and Health Hazard Scholarship, Tripura 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-02-2024 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Pre-Matric SC Cleaning and Health Hazard Scholarship, Tripura 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, to support SC students whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are engaged in professions involving manual scavenging, flaying, waste picking, or other hazardous health occupations.
The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to ₹700 per month for 10 months & an ad-hoc grant of up ₹1,000 per annum.
Pre-Matric SC Cleaning and Health Hazard Scholarship, Tripura 2023-24
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Indian national
- be domiciled in Tripura
- be enrolled in Class 1 to 10 in an institution recognised by a concerned State Government or Union Territory Administration
- be a child/ward of a person engaged in manual scavenging, flaying, waste picking, or a hazardous health occupation (as defined in Section 2(I) of the Manual Scavengers Act 2013)
- have an annual family income of not more than ₹2,00,000 from all sources
The eligible students will receive the following awards -
Particulars Day Scholars (₹ per month for 10 months) Hosteller (₹ per month for 10 months) Scholarship Amount ₹700 (for Class 3 to 10) ₹225 (for Class 3 to 10) Ad-Hoc Grant ₹750 ₹1,000
Additional provisions for students with disabilities:-
- Reader allowance of ₹100 per month for blind students in Class 3 and 10
- Transport allowance of ₹50 per month for the disabled students not residing in the hostel within the premises of the educational institution
- Special pay of ₹100 per month would be admissible to any employee or the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in a hostel managed by the educational institution or by the State Government/Union Territory Administration who may need the assistance of a helper
- Escort allowance of ₹50 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with lower extremity disability
- Allowance of ₹100 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students in Class 3 and 10
- The disability as defined under the Persons with Disabilities (equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation Act, 1995) Act has to be certified by competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
- Students who receive the scholarship can keep it for the following academic year, unless the school principal recommends discontinuing it to the state government or union territory administration due to a violation of the scholarship's regulations.
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate (if required)
- Academic transcripts including marksheet/degree of the previous qualifying year
- A certificate from a District Social Welfare officer identified officer of the local body, civic agency, or any such authority designated by the State Government
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Applicant Corner' and click on the 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox, and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application.
Note:- All the applicants are advised to fill out the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 29th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The students are not allowed to take up employment or render help to parents in their work during the course of their studies.
- A scholarship may be cancelled if the recipient changes the course program or institution for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms or conditions of the scholarship, it may be suspended or even cancelled, subject to the satisfaction of competent school authorities. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an SC certificate of another State/UT can avail of the scholarship in the State/UT from which the SC certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education but in different subjects are not eligible.
- The scholar obtaining benefits under this scheme is not allowed to avail of benefits under any other pre-matric scholarship scheme.
For Scholarship Renewal:-
Students who receive this scholarship can receive it for the next academic year as well. This will be decided by the state government or territory administration unless the school principal has a good reason to discontinue the scholarship based on the scholarship rules.
Note:- For more information, kindly refer to 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more