Prakriti Research Fellowship 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Centre for Applied Research and People's Engagement invites applications for its Prakriti Research Fellowship 2019-20 from Independent Researchers and Small NGOs. It's a small grants program focused on creating a direct, tangible, long-term impact on nature conservation in India. The aim of the fellowship is to support independent researchers, teams and small NGOs who are dedicatedly working in this field and to provide timely support for strengthening on-ground action-oriented nature conservation projects. The selected fellows can win up to INR 2 lakhs.
Prakriti Research Fellowship 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
The Fellowship is open for:
- Indian citizens
- Independent researchers who are self-motivated and passionate
- Small NGOs
- Small conservation groups
The selected fellows will receive a maximum of INR 2 Lakhs for their project.
The following documents need to be kept ready by the candidate:
- Pan card (Individual/Organization)
- Registration certificate (In case of an organization)
- GST number (If applicable)
- Two reference letters
Note: The reference letters are to be emailed directly by the referees to email@example.com with the name of the applicant in the subject line "Prakriti Research Fellowship Submission: Reference Letter for (name of applicant)". If reference letters are not received until the last date of submission, the candidates' application will be rejected.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the research fellowship:
Step 1: Fill the application form. Click here to fill the form.
Step 2: Provide the project details, expected outcomes and approximate budget.
Step 3: Attach the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
- Grant Call: 1 January 2019
- Application deadline: 28 February 2019
The selection criteria is based on the following:
- How relevant the project idea is to the call?
- Whether it addresses an important conservation problem and provides workable, tangible solutions?
- How achievable the objectives are in the given time frame?
- Is the methodology scientifically sound and well structured?
- Whether the outcomes are measurable?
- The ability of the applicant to lead the project based on work experience.
- Comments given by the referee etc.
Terms and Conditions
Categories of the projects:
CATEGORY 1: Projects located in Aurangabad division of Maharashtra (which includes Aurangabad, Nanded, Beed, Jalna, Latur, Hingoli, Parbhani and Osmanabad districts).
CATEGORY 2: Projects located across India, except Aurangabad division.
Themes are the same for both category 1 and category 2:
- Conservation of important habitats (e.g. UNESCO Natural World heritage sites, Protected Areas – National parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Conservation Reserves, etc.)
- Conservation of Threatened Species (Wildlife Protection Act Schedule 1 species)(IUCN Red list categories: CR, EN, VU, NT, Data deficient). The IUCN Red list will be the primary reference to check for threat status of a species.
- Research and action in Urban Ecology- Most Indian cities are facing an environmental crisis of various scales and dimensions. Under this theme, they are looking for projects in the urban or peri-urban sector which would fill knowledge gaps in the present understanding of urban biodiversity, ecosystem services, urban wildlife habitats, air and water pollution or awareness projects on urban ecology or demonstrate workable solutions for the same.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more