Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cash Transfers for Child Health (CaTCH), J-PAL South Asia 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) South Asia, USA invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cash Transfers for Child Health (CaTCH), J-PAL South Asia 2020 from students who are currently enrolled in a PhD programme. The fellowship aims to assist selected candidates to launch a successful academic or non-academic career while working with government stakeholders and donors. The selected scholars will be provided assistance for their research career and the opportunity to participate in J-PAL policy dissemination, capacity-building, and mentoring activities.
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cash Transfers for Child Health (CaTCH), J-PAL South Asia 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled in the last two years of a PhD degree in Public Policy or Economics with a focus on health OR a PhD in public health with a focus on quantitative research method
- Have demonstrated interests in research and experience in health (or human development broadly defined) in developing countries and impact evaluation (demonstrated by coursework and/or collaborative research activities)
- Have significant skills in applied econometrics
- A competitive compensation package
- An offer to participate in J-PAL policy dissemination, capacity-building and mentoring activities
- A cover letter applying for the position
- Full CV, including a list of publications
- Academic transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable)
- Two academic references
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the official website for common application.
Step 2: Click on 'Register and begin your application'.
Step 3: Once registered, log in using the registered email address and password.
Step 4: Select “Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cash Transfers for Child Health (CaTCH) - J-PAL South Asia".
Step 5: Leave the “Countries”, “Exam Scores” and “Courses” sections of the common application blank.
Step 6: Upload the required documents.
Step 7: Submit the application.
Note: In addition, candidates can email their job market paper (and any other relevant publications) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 31st December 2019
Programme start date: 01st June 2020
Review of resumes: On rolling basis starting from November 2019
The selection of the candidates would be done on the basis of the information provided in the application form. Also, the additional factors that can influence the selection procedure include -
- Experience in evidence synthesis and reviews of randomized evaluations
- Evidence of independently managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience of working in South Asia, especially with government partners
Terms and Conditions
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted by the scholarship committee.
- The fellowship position will be based in New Delhi but will require moderate travel throughout India.
- The selected candidates will require to dual-report directly to the initiative co-chairs and J-PAL South Asia Associate Director of Policy and Training.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more