Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students, Maharashtra 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 16-11-2023 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students, Maharashtra 2023-24 is an initiative of VJNT, OBC, and SBC Welfare Department, Government of Maharashtra to financially help the students studying in Class 11 to Ph.D. level. The scheme enables the VJNT category students to pursue higher education by providing them a monthly maintenance allowance of up to ₹425 and other benefits.
Source: Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal
Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students, Maharashtra 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a domicile of Maharashtra
- belong to the Vimukta Jati and Nomadic Tribes (VJNT) category
- be studying in Class 11 to Ph.D. level approved by the government, starting from the post-matric level
- have secured 75% attendance for the current year
- have an annual family income of less than or equal to ₹1,50,000
The selected scholars will receive the maintenance allowance as follows:
Group Hostlers (₹ per month) Day Scholars (₹ per month) Group A 425 190 Group B 290 190 Group C 290 190 Group D 230 120 Group E 150 90
- The scholarship amount will be given to the students from the admission date to till exam completion date.
- The students will receive 100% of the tuition fee, exam fee, and maintenance allowance to study government-aided/non-aided institutions in professional and non-professional courses.
- If the applicant takes an admission on or before the 20th of any month, the maintenance allowance will be issued for that current month. Otherwise, maintenance allowance will be entitled from next month.
- 100% benefit (tuition fees, exam fees, and maintenance allowance) is applicable for D.Ed. and B.Ed. courses. For students studying in government-aided /non-aided D.Ed. and B.Ed courses, the fee structure is applicable as per government rates for the same course.
- Maintenance allowance and exam fees are disbursed to the applicant upon promotion to the next higher class.
- Caste certificate issued by a competent authority/Caste validity certificate
- Caste validity certificate (Note:- Mandatory for Professional Degree courses and Professional Post Graduate courses. Not mandatory for Non-Professional courses)
- Marksheet of HSC or SSC or last examination
- Gap certificate (Not mandatory, but required in case of a gap)
- Father/Guardian's death certificate
- Ration card
- Leaving certificate
- Income certificate/declaration issued by a competent authority
- Declaration certificate of parents/guardians about the number of children beneficiaries
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Click on the 'New Applicant Registration' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 4: Fill in all required details, and verify the email and phone number.
Step 5: Complete the Aadhaar authentication process either through OTP or biometrics.
Step 6: After completing the authentication process, fill in all the required details to the 'Register' button.
Step 7: Now, click the 'Applicant login' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 8: Log in using the username and password.
Step 9: Fill in the necessary details, upload the specified documents, and submit.
Scholarship Deadline: 31st March 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants are required to pass the previous year's examination for the renewal of the scholarship.
- In the case of VJNT, if an applicant fails for a year, no reimbursement is provided for that specific year.
- If the applicants get admission to a government hostel, they will be eligible for one-third amount of hostlers.
- Applicants should come through the CAP round for professional courses.
- Scholarships/freeship will continue until the applicant completes one course.
- If a student fails a particular academic year, they will still receive the tuition fees, exam fees, and maintenance allowance for that year. However, they will not receive any further financial assistance until they have successfully moved on to the next grade level.
- No scholarship will be paid to the applicants under this scheme who are already receiving a scholarship/stipend.
- The applicants who change from professional to non-professional courses will not receive any scholarship.
- If a student is unable to take their annual exams due to a medical condition or an unforeseen event, the college principal may grant them a pass on the condition that they provide satisfactory medical documentation or other sufficient evidence to support their claim.
- Scholarships or freeships will continue to be provided to students until they complete one course, such as 11th or 12th grade Arts, B.A., M.A., M.Phil., or Ph.D. If a student completes both B.A. and B.Ed. degrees and later decide to pursue an M.A., they will no longer be eligible for scholarship/freeship benefits. However, if a student opts for an M.B.A. following their B.Ed., they may be eligible for scholarship or freeship support, as it is considered a professional postgraduate course.
- For Group A – If an applicant pursuing a Group A course fails in the examination for the first time, the award may be renewed. However, for second and subsequent failures in any class, the applicant shall bear their expenses until they secure promotion to the next higher class.
- For Group B, C, D, E - The applicant must secure a promotion to a higher class. In case of second and subsequent failures in any class, the applicant shall bear their expenses until they secure promotion to the next higher class.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more