Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students, Chandigarh 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 09-02-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students, Chandigarh 2022-23 is an initiative of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India to financially help the students belonging to the OBC community studying at the post-matriculation level in India. The selected students will receive maintenace allowance and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students, Chandigarh 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- belong to the OBC community
- be a permanent resident of Chandigarh UT
- be pursuing post-matriculation or post-secondary courses
- have an annual family income of not more than INR 1.5 lakh from all sources
- The students pursuing Postgraduate courses in Medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- The students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuous education.
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
Group Courses Hosteller (In INR per month) Day Scholars (In INR per month) Group 1
a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
750 350 Group 2
a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
510 335 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.) 400 210 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 260 160
Note - Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities -
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students -
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In INR) Group 1 and 2 175 Group 3 130 Group 4 90
2) Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 900 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
3) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Certificates for the qualifying examination
- Proof of Income
- Caste Certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 10th February 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer courses and Private Pilot License courses, Courses at Training –Ship Duffer in (Now INS Rajendra), course of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at the Industrial Training Institutes.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education and are studying again in the same stage of education but in different subject e.g. I. SC after I. A or B.Com, after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject, will not be eligible.
- The students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line e.g. LLB after B.T/B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- The students who have already received coaching in any of the preexamination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
- The students should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or stipend.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipients of this scholarship cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more