Post Matric Scholarship for Transgender Students 2019-20, Chandigarh
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration invites applications from the transgender students studying in class 11 and above for the Post Matric Scholarship for Transgender Students 2019-20, Chandigarh. The students must be the domicile of Chandigarh. The objective of the scholarship is to provide financial help to transgender students to enable them to complete their education. The students will be paid a monthly stipend along with other allowances.
Post Matric Scholarship for Transgender Students 2019-20, Chandigarh DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must -
- Be a permanent resident of Chandigarh
- Belong to transgender category
- Have passed the higher secondary/matriculation examination from a recognised university or Board of Secondary Education
- Be pursuing a post-secondary or post-matriculation course from a recognised institution except for training courses
- Have parents'/guardians' annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs from all sources
- Not be availing any other scholarship
The following are also eligible for the scholarship-
- All children of the same parents/guardian
- Students studying through correspondence courses
- Employed students on leave without pay for the entire duration of a full-time course
Note: Students who have received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
The value of the scholarship:
- Maintenance allowances - INR 500 for Day Scholars and INR 1,200 for Hostellers
- Reimbursement of non-refundable fees - Students will be paid enrollment, tuition, games, union library and magazine fees, etc
- Copy of residence proof
- Copy of Aadhar card/Aadhar Enrolment slip
- Annual fee details verified by Institute
- Last class pass certificate
- Copy of bank account in the name of student linked with Aadhar
- Proof of annual income of parents'/guardians'
- Self-declaration from the transgender students
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scheme Closing Date: 10 January 2020
Defective Verification: 20 January 2020
Institute Verification: 20 January 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject will not be eligible.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the undergraduate/postgraduate examinations in arts/science/commerce join any recognized professional or technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible.
For more details, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more