Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - Puducherry 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 20-10-2023 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - Puducherry 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India to provide financial assistance to ST students of Puducherry studying in Class 11 and above. The selected candidates will receive maintenance allowances and other benefits.
Source: National Scholarship Portal
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - Puducherry 2023-24
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Puducherry
- belong to the Scheduled Tribes (STs) category
- be studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level i.e. Class 11 to Ph.D. level
- have passed matriculation, higher secondary or any higher examination from a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than ₹ 2,00,000
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits -
Group Courses Hosteller (In ₹ per month) Day Scholars (In ₹ per month) Group 1
a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
1,200 550 Group 2
a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
820 530 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.) 570 300 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 380 200
Note - Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities:
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students -
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In ₹) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
2) Provision of transport allowance up to ₹ 160 per month for disabled students, if such student does not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution.
3) Escort Allowance of ₹ 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
4) Special Pay of ₹ 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
5) Allowance of ₹ 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
6) Study tour charges up to a maximum of ₹ 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
7) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of ₹ 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
8) The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of ₹ 1,200 for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Scheduled Tribe certificate duly signed by an authorised RO (Revenue Officer)
- Income declaration certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Select the respective Aadhaar option, enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit the application.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 30th November 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipients of this scholarship cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed anytime at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an ST certificate of another state/UT can avail the scholarship in the state/UT from which the ST certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
Note: For more information, kindly refer to 'Scholarship Guidelines.'
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by October, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more