Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - DNHDD 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 26-10-2023 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - DNHDD 2023-24 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India to financially help the education of ST category students of the union territory who are studying in Class 11 to postdoctoral level. The selected students will receive a maintenance allowance and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students - DNHDD 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a domicile of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
- belong to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category
- be studying in Class 11 to postdoctoral level
- have a family income of less than ₹ 2,00,000 from all sources
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits:-
Group Courses Hosteller (In ₹ per month) Day Scholars (In ₹ per month) Group 1
a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
1,200 550 Group 2
a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
820 530 Group 3 All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.) 570 300 Group 4 All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc. 380 230
Note - Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid a maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities -
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students -
Level of Courses Allowance per month (In ₹) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
2) Escort Allowance of ₹ 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
3) Special pay of ₹ 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to severely orthopedically handicapped students residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
4) Provision of transport allowance up to ₹ 160 per month for disabled students, if such students reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution. The disability as per the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 is defined as blindness, low-vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation, and mental illness.
5) Allowance of ₹ 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded students.
6) Study tour charges up to a maximum of ₹ 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
7) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of ₹ 1,000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Provisions (3) and (4) will also apply to leprosy-cured students.
- Disabled students belonging to Scheduled Caste Tribe covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under this scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination, and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. However, refundable deposits like caution money and security deposits will be excluded.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines.'
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Marksheet, diploma or degree of the last examination
How can you apply?
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner' and click on 'New Registration' tab.
Step 4: Read the details carefully, tick the checkbox and click on the 'Continue' button.
Step 5: Select the respective Aadhaar option, enter mobile number, captcha code, and OTP, then submit.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and click on 'Save & Register' to complete the registration process.
Step 7: Now click on the 'Fresh Application' tab and log in using the application ID and password.
Step 8: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit the application.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Deadline: 31st Deecember 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be provided for studies in India only.
- All the children of the same parents/guardian can avail the benefits of this scholarship.
- The income certificate will be taken only once which will be at the time of admission to the course.
- Applicants are requested to fill the application form online, with the correct and verifiable details only.
- Funds provided under this scheme will not be utilised for any other purpose.
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the recipient.
- The recipients of this scholarship cannot hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- The recipient is liable to refund the scholarship amount if the student discontinues the study for which the scholarship was originally awarded.
- The provisions of this scheme can be changed any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The students domiciled in one State/UT but holding an ST certificate of another State/UT can avail the scholarship in the State/UT from which the ST certificate was issued.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more