Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2022-23, Assam
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 21-09-2022 Posted By : Anshika Garg
Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2022-23, Assam is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India for class 11 and above students who belong to the Scheduled Tribes (ST). Under this scheme, ST students studying at the post-matriculation or post-secondary stage will be provided financial support to enable them to complete their education.
Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students 2022-23, Assam
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of India
- belong to Assam
- belong to Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- be studying in Class 11 or above from a recognized institution
- have an annual family income not exceeding INR 2 lakh
- have passed matriculation or higher secondary examination from a recognized university or board
- not be holding any other scholarship/stipend
The selected students will receive the following awards -
Group Courses Hostellers (In INR for 10 months) Day Scholars (In INR for 10 months) Group 1
1) Degree and Postgraduate level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Sciences and Applications.
2) Postgraduation Diploma courses in various branches of Management and Medicine
3)C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.(Applicable at Day Scholar rate only INR 550 per month)
4)M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 courses
5) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
1,200 550 Group 2 Professional courses leading to degree, diploma, and certificate in Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B.Nursing), BFS, and other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Commerical Arts, Finance for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary and vocational stream, ITI courses, and polytechnic where entrance qualification is Class 12 or above. 820 530 Group 3 Graduate and Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group 1 and 2 [e.g. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. etc, M.A./M.Sc./M.Ed./M.Pharma etc.] 570 300 Group 4 All Post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10) 380 230
Note - Commercial Pilot License Course (CPL) - CPL course is covered under Group 'I'. The number of awards for CPL will be INR 10 per annum. The selection of 10 ST students for CPL course will be made through the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Application for CPL course will be invited through advertisement. Interested ST students may apply for selection for grant of scholarship for pursuing CPL course.
Additional Allowances for SC students with disabilities -
a) Reader Allowance -
Level of Courses Reader Allowance (INR per month) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
b) Transport allowance of INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students don't;t reside in the hostel
c) Escort allowance of INR 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
d) Special Pay of INR 160 per month
e) INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students
Study Tour - The study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 16,000, limited to the actual expenditure incurred will be paid to the student studying professional and technical courses.
Thesis typing/Printing charges - Thesis typing/Printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence/Distance Education Courses - The students pursuing such courses are eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books besides reimbursement of course fees.
- The students belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under the scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Government/UT administration.
- A passport-size photograph
- Attested copies of all relevant certificates/diploma/degree in respect of examinations passed
- Caste certificate signed by an authorised Revenue Officer
- Income declaration certificate of parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2022
The candidates will be selected on the basis of means test and fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in the different subjects are not eligible to apply.
- The students who wish to shift their professional line are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students pursuing a postgraduate course in medicine are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The students who take leave without pay and study as full-time students will be eligible;e for the programme.
- The scholarship will not be offered to students who have already enrolled in other scholarship programmes.
- The scholarship award will be renewed every year.
- The scholarship amount will not be to the students for internship and housemanship in MBBS courses or practical training.
- Irregular attendance and misbehaviour will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship.
Note - For more information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more