Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Chandigarh 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration invites applications for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Chandigarh 2020-21 from students studying in Class 11 to postdoctoral level and belonging to SC category. The key objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to eligible students to pursue their studies at the post-matriculation level. The selected scholars will receive variable awards under this scheme.
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Chandigarh 2020-21 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be a permanent resident of Chandigarh
- Belong to the Scheduled Caste category
- Be pursuing studies at the post-matric or post-secondary level i.e Class 11 to postdoctoral level at any government recognized institution/college/university
- Belong to a family where annual income from all the sources is less than INR 2.50 lakh
The selected candidates will receive -
- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1,200 per month for hostellers and up to INR 550 per month for day scholars up to a duration of 10 months
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees like registration/enrolment fee, tuition fee, games fee, library fee, etc.
- Study tour charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges of up to INR 1,600
- Book allowance of INR 1,200 per annum
- An additional allowance of up to INR 240 per month for students with disabilities
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar number
- Caste certificate
- Pass certificate of last class
- Bank account passbook in the name of the applicant
- Full year's fee receipt for the course
- Income proof issued by the Magistrate or Tehsildar
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Application deadline - 10th February 2021
Last date for defective verification - 15th February 2021
Last date of institute verification - 15th February 2021
All eligible candidates will receive the scholarship under this scheme.
Terms and Conditions
- More than one child from one family can apply for this scholarship.
- The students who are pursuing their studies through correspondence can also apply.
- The students who are employed can also apply if they are on leave without pay for the entire course duration.
- Students pursuing a certain academic level (UG/PG/Diploma etc.) more than once in multiple disciplines are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses in medicine are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they are not allowed to practice during the course tenure.
- Students who after passing or failing an undergraduate/postgraduate degree in Arts, Commerce or Science join any other recognized technical or professional degree/diploma/certificate courses are eligible.
- The students should not be in receipt of any other scholarship or stipend.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more